Subject: Transwestern Pipeline - Gas Quality
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001 16:09:49 -0700 (PDT)

Kevin, if you are okay with this information regarding Market Affiliate Rules, please forward to [email-masked] with ENA who has called today and was requesting this information urgently.  Thanks - EF

With regard to your request for gas specification in our meeting on Friday, April 5, the TW tariff filed with FERC details TW's gas specification.  TW's tariff on file with FERC is available for public viewing and the "Quality" section can be seen on Sheets 52 thru 54 (http://www.ferc.fed.us/gas/gastariffs/HTMLAll/191201.HTM#Sht14303)

Attached for your reference are representative chromatograph data from TW's system (from San Juan Lateral Junction to SoCal-Needles) for January through March this year.

Below is an excerpt from TW's tariff that defines gas quality standard that you may be interested in.

Superseding: Fifth Revised Sheet No. 52 
                            GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
                                    (continued)
   
2.              QUALITY
   
        2.1             The gas stream delivered into Transporter's pipeline system
                        (excluding the La Plata Facilities) by Shipper or Shipper's
                        designee at receipt points shall conform to each of the
                        following quality specifications:
   
                A.      shall be commercially free from objectionable odors, solid
                        matter, dust, gums, and gum forming constituents, or any
                        other substance which interferes with the intended purpose
                        or Merchantability of the gas, or causes interference with
                        the proper and safe operation of the lines, meters,
                        regulators, or other appliances through which it may flow;
   
                B.      shall contain not more than seven (7) pounds/MMcf of water
                        at the temperature and pressure at which the gas is
                        delivered into Transporter's pipeline system;
   
                C.      shall contain no hydrocarbons in liquid form at the
                        temperature and pressure at which the gas is delivered into
                        Transporter's pipeline system;
   
                D.      shall contain not more than 0.2% by volume of oxygen;
   
                E.      shall contain not more than 2.0% by volume of carbon
                        dioxide;
   
                F.      shall contain not more than a combined total of 3.0% by
                        volume of carbon dioxide plus nitrogen;
   
                G.      shall contain not more than one quarter (1/4) grain of
                        hydrogen sulfide per one hundred (100) cubic feet of gas;
   
                H.      shall contain not more than 0.3 grains of mercaptan sulfur
                        per one hundred (100) cubic feet of gas;
   
                I.      shall contain not more than 0.75 grains of total sulfur per
                        one hundred (100) cubic feet of gas;
   
                J.      shall not contain any toxic or hazardous substance in
                        concentrations which, in the normal use of the gas, may be
                        hazardous to health, injurious to pipeline facilities, or
                        be a limit to Merchantability or be contrary to applicable
                        government standards;
   
                K.      shall have a minimum total heating value of not less than
                        nine-hundred-seventy (970) Btu's per cubic foot; and
   
                L.      shall have a temperature of not less than forty (40)
                        degrees Fahrenheit, and not more than one hundred twenty
                        (120) degrees Fahrenheit.