Subject: FW: Endangered Species Surveys, Red Rock Expansion
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 16:24:17 -0700 (PDT)

fyi

 -----Original Message-----
From: 	Shafer, John  
Sent:	Tuesday, August 28, 2001 3:00 PM
To:	Campbell, Larry; Hackett, Terry
Cc:	Kendrick, William; Kilmer III, Robert; Soldano, Louis
Subject:	RE: Endangered Species Surveys, Red Rock Expansion
Importance:	High

Larry,
Please proceed with all haste on this.  How long to complete them and submit the findings (can't believe there would be anything turn up).  No endangered plants in any of those station yards - I trust?  The EPA is reaching here, but they have the big stick and we must work through this to get the air permit.  This is a lesson's learned for the upcoming Sun Devil project.  John

 -----Original Message-----
From: 	Campbell, Larry  
Sent:	Monday, August 27, 2001 4:32 PM
To:	Hackett, Terry
Cc:	Shafer, John; Kendrick, William
Subject:	Re: Endangered Species Surveys, Red Rock Expansion

The issue arose when the EPA in San Francisco said they would not issue an air permit unless we had addressed all concerns relevant to the endangered species act, even on distsurbed lands at stations 3 and 4.  Even though we had received a verbal approval formt he Navajo Nation that endangered species would not be a concern by the Nation, the EPA felt otherwise.  This means that they wont give us a permit until we do a survey for plants and animals.  Because ENSR was on the list of contractors approved by the Navajo Nation, they were given the opportunity.  As you know, I have been working with Scott Patti on this and we have worked it through.  All that is left is to get the ENSR renewal permit application approved by the Nation and ENSR is off and running to do the surveys.  Terry, I know that you know all this, I just wanted to keep John and Bill in the loop on how things are progressing......

 
"Hackett, Terry" <[email-masked]> on 08/27/2001 11:18:31 AM
To:	"Larry Campbell (E-mail)" <[email-masked]>
cc:	"Patti, Scott" <[email-masked]> 

Subject:	Endangered Species Surveys, Red Rock Expansion

Larry,

I understand from Scott Patti that the EPA has thrown a monkey wrench into
the air permitting process for stations 3 and 4 and are now requesting
endangered species surveys.  For simplicity, we will add this as a new task
for the Red Rock Expansion project.  The FT. Collins folks are proceeding
based on your verbal go ahead, but to make our accountants happy, I will
have to get something written authorizing the additional work.  Scott is
estimating the task to cost approximately $7,000.  Since I am listed as the
project manager on paper, I will put together a brief letter and get it to
you this week.  However, please continue to directly coordinate with Scott
and he will keep me apprised of the status.

Thanks,

Terry.

Terry L. Hackett
Senior Project Manager
ENSR International
7041 Old Wake Forest Road, Suite 103
Raleigh, NC 27616-3013
(919) 872-6600 phone
(919) 872-7996 fax

**********************************************************************
The information contained in this communication is confidential and
privileged proprietary information intended only for the individual
or entity to whom it is addressed.  Any unauthorized use, distribution,
copying or disclosure of this communication is prohibited.
If you have received this communication in error, please contact the
sender immediately.

It is our policy that e-mails are intended for and should be used for
business purposes only.

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept by
MIMEsweeper for the presence of computer viruses.

ENSR
www.ensr.com
[email-masked]
**********************************************************************

<Embedded Picture (Device Independent Bitmap)>