Subject: Re: Natural Gas Odorizers - Baytown feed to Entex
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 29 May 2000 11:16:00 -0700 (PDT)

We need to make a decision on what to do?  Should we ask Entex to bear this 
cost, since this is their customer?  What is our commitment to Entex on 
facilities to industrial customers, as I do not think it is addresses in our 
contract with ENA?  Dan, what are your thoughts?
 
---------------------- Forwarded by Steve HPL Schneider/HOU/ECT on 05/29/2000 
06:13 PM ---------------------------
   
	Enron North America Corp.
	
	From:  John Towles @ ENRON                           05/11/2000 07:51 AM

To: William D Cosby/GCO/Enron@Enron
cc: Steve HPL Schneider/HOU/ECT@ECT, Brad Blevins/HOU/ECT@ECT, Lee L 
Papayoti/HOU/ECT@ECT, Steve Cherry/GCO/Enron@ENRON, Nathan L 
Hlavaty/HOU/ECT@ECT, Dan J Hyvl/HOU/ECT@ECT, James I Ducote/HOU/ECT@ECT, Tom 
Shelton/HOU/ECT@ECT 
Subject: Re: Natural Gas Odorizers - Baytown feed to Entex  

I visited with Mr. Bruce Lilly, Foreman for the San Jacinto River Authority, 
yesterday to discuss the possibility of HPL leaving the 2" NGO pipeline on 
the wooden supports that cross the San Jacinto River Authority's fresh water 
canal behind the NGO  plant.  Mr. Lilly's response to my request was no, the 
River Authority will not agree to allow the wooden supports to remain under 
any circumstance.  The River Authority believes the existing crossing is a 
hindrance to their operation and maintenance of the canal and they want it 
removed.  ExxonMobil's design for the new concrete crossing allows the River 
Authority to operate and maintain the canal with fewer obstacles.    

   

	From:  Tom Shelton @ ECT                           05/08/2000 02:42 PM

To: Steve HPL Schneider/HOU/ECT@ECT
cc: Brad Blevins/HOU/ECT@ECT, John Towles/OTS/Enron@ENRON, Lee L 
Papayoti/HOU/ECT@ECT, Steve Cherry/GCO/Enron@ENRON, Nathan L 
Hlavaty/HOU/ECT@ECT, Dan J Hyvl/HOU/ECT@ECT, James I Ducote/HOU/ECT@ECT, Lee 
L Papayoti/HOU/ECT@ECT 

Subject: Re: Natural Gas Odorizers - Baytown feed to Entex  

Steve, FYI, Brad tells me that he is aware that there are quite a few 
outstanding issues regarding this matter, and he is pulling together the 
answers to everyone's questions and will send an e-mail or call a meeting 
when the answers are ready. 

From: Lee L Papayoti on 05/03/2000 10:50 AM
To: Steve HPL Schneider/HOU/ECT@ECT
cc: Brad Blevins/HOU/ECT@ECT, John Towles/OTS/Enron@ENRON, Lee L 
Papayoti/HOU/ECT@ECT, Tom Shelton/HOU/ECT@ECT, Steve Cherry/GCO/Enron@ENRON, 
Nathan L Hlavaty/HOU/ECT@ECT, Dan J Hyvl/HOU/ECT@ECT, James I 
Ducote/HOU/ECT@ECT 
Subject: Natural Gas Odorizers - Baytown feed to Entex

Steve:

You asked me the term of OxyChem's Natural Gas Odorizer's committment to 
Entex.  I don't know the answer - I'll have to contact OxyChem to find out.  
But I'm not ready to do that yet - I don't want to stir the waters until we 
have more information on this line relocation.  I would rather Entex 
contacted NGO first, once we have figured out what we will do.  Does anybody 
know the term and nature of HPL's committment to Entex with respect to NGO?

---------------------- Forwarded by Lee L Papayoti/HOU/ECT on 05/03/2000 
10:39 AM ---------------------------

Nick Cocavessis@ENRON
05/03/2000 08:51 AM
To: Steve HPL Schneider/HOU/ECT@ECT
cc: Brad Blevins/HOU/ECT@ECT, John Towles/OTS/Enron@ENRON, Lee L 
Papayoti/HOU/ECT@ECT, Tom Shelton/HOU/ECT@ECT, Steve Cherry/GCO/Enron@ENRON, 
Nathan L Hlavaty/HOU/ECT@ECT 
Subject: Re: Natural Gas Odorizers - Baytown feed to Entex  

Whats the load to NGO?  If, as I now am finding out, it is apparently 
insignificant and we find that we have very few rights to claim a) 
compensation or b) staying where we are versus moving at our cost then maybe 
we just dont continue service.  John is working on the ROW issues and we'll 
soon get more educated.

Steve HPL Schneider@ECT
05/03/2000 06:38 AM
To: Brad Blevins/HOU/ECT@ECT, John Towles/OTS/Enron@ENRON
cc: Nick Cocavessis/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Lee L Papayoti/HOU/ECT@ECT, Tom 
Shelton/HOU/ECT@ECT, Steve Cherry/GCO/Enron@ENRON, Nathan L 
Hlavaty/HOU/ECT@ECT 

Subject: Re: Natural Gas Odorizers - Baytown feed to Entex

Too much missing information!  For what reason is Exxon installing a new pipe 
support structure across the San Jacinto Water Canal?  Is it in poor 
condition and needs to be replaced, thus mandating our need to move?  Is the 
Water Authority requiring the move and why?  Is the existing structure going 
to stay and is that acceptable to the Water Authority and Exxon?  Will Exxon 
allow us to remain in the same location even though they are building a new 
structure?  What is the condition of our pipe on the existing rack?  Don't we 
already have a permit with the Water Authority for the existing pipeline?  Is 
the Water Authority a City of Baytown organization and therefore falls within 
the City's control on franchise permits, fees, issues, etc?  

Once you have the answers to the above questions, then get us together so we 
can formulate a plan.  Lee, what is the existing term of their commitment to 
Entex?  Is Oxy OK with a short term shut down to get all this connected once 
in place or do they need continuing operations?  Due to the time constraints 
on replacement, we need quick answers.  Brad, you are on point to quickly 
pull this together.

---------------------- Forwarded by Steve HPL Schneider/HOU/ECT on 05/03/2000 
06:22 AM ---------------------------
   
	Enron North America Corp.
	
	From:  Brad Blevins                           05/02/2000 05:17 PM

To: Lee L Papayoti/HOU/ECT@ECT
cc: Steve HPL Schneider/HOU/ECT@ECT, Nick Cocavessis/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Nathan 
L Hlavaty/HOU/ECT@ECT, Tom Shelton/HOU/ECT@ECT, Greg Brazaitis/HOU/ECT@ECT, 
James I Ducote/HOU/ECT@ECT, Dan J Hyvl/HOU/ECT@ECT, William D 
Cosby/GCO/Enron@Enron 
Subject: Re: Natural Gas Odorizers - Baytown feed to Entex  

I have spoke to both Tom Shelton and Dan Hyvl about the franchise tax 
situation with the city of Baytown.  Tom referred me to Dan.  Dan said that 
as long as HPL does not need to get a permit from the City of Baytown to 
either cross a public road or to cross the San Jacinto Water Authority water 
canal, then we would be okay.  I do not believe that any relocation will 
involve a new road crossing, and if it turns out that we need to get a permit 
from the City of Baytown to cross the water canal, then we should ask either 
Exxon or Entex to get that permit.  If we plan to take this NGO business from 
Entex, then we need to work with Exxon.  Exxon did offer to construct HPL's 
2" line across the new bridge.  If HPL is going to replace the line, then we 
might take Exxon up on this offer since they would have to get all the 
permits for this work.  Those permits would, of course, need to be 
transferrable to the owner and operator of the pipeline, which, in the end, 
would be HPL. 

From: Lee L Papayoti on 05/02/2000 09:41 AM
To: Steve HPL Schneider/HOU/ECT@ECT
cc: Nick Cocavessis/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Nathan L Hlavaty/HOU/ECT@ECT, Tom 
Shelton/HOU/ECT@ECT, Greg Brazaitis/HOU/ECT@ECT, James I Ducote/HOU/ECT@ECT, 
Brad Blevins/HOU/ECT@ECT 
Subject: Re: Natural Gas Odorizers - Baytown feed to Entex  

FYI - Natural Gas Odorizers is wholly owned by OxyChem, a large industrial 
customer (over 100,000/d total in Texas) with several plants that HPL serves 
(I am the OxyChem rep).  Two years ago, OxyChem tried very hard to get HPL to 
connect to them directly and cut out Entex, but we did not do it because of 
the franchise tax issue.  The last OxyChem rep was fairly p.o.'d about us not 
connecting.

So, we would score lots of points with OxyChem (as in, more business at the 
large volume plants) if we could connect directly to them,  What's our next 
step?

Please include me in any meetings

Steve HPL Schneider
05/02/2000 07:33 AM
To: Nick Cocavessis/Corp/Enron@ENRON
cc: Nathan L Hlavaty/HOU/ECT@ECT, Tom Shelton/HOU/ECT@ECT, Lee L 
Papayoti/HOU/ECT@ECT, Greg Brazaitis/HOU/ECT@ECT 
Subject: Natural Gas Odorizers - Baytown feed to Entex

We should seriously question why HPL should pay for the relocation of the NGO 
line as referenced in the report attached.  Entex gets the full benefit of 
this customer and probably should fund this project.  If they won't, then 
maybe we should pursue this customer direct while we are in the progress of 
replacing the pipeline.  We probably also have franchise related issues with 
the City of Baytown on this.  Tom, please determine what course of action we 
need to take from a franchise perspective.  Then call a meeting of the above 
group along with Blevins and Ducote (if appropriate).

---------------------- Forwarded by Steve HPL Schneider/HOU/ECT on 05/02/2000 
07:23 AM ---------------------------

Valerie Urbanek@ENRON
04/28/2000 01:19 PM
To: Dick Danes/GCO/Enron@ENRON, Glenn Gregory/GCO/Enron@ENRON, Kevin 
Kuehler/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Ronald Surber/GCO/Enron@ENRON, Jacob 
Krautsch/GCO/Enron@ENRON, Jesse Logan/GCO/Enron@ENRON, Maurice 
Rayburn/GCO/Enron@ENRON, Alan Van Blarcum/GCO/Enron@ENRON, Alan 
Locke/GCO/Enron@ENRON, Gerry Boyd/GCO/Enron@ENRON, Joe 
Zernicek/GCO/Enron@Enron, Don Thomas/GCO/Enron@Enron, Robert 
Geheb/GCO/Enron@Enron, J R Fosdick/GCO/Enron@Enron, Bac Thi 
Ly/GCO/Enron@Enron, Calvin Dodd/GCO/Enron@Enron, Vicente 
Sarmiento/GCO/Enron@Enron, Reid Hansen/GCO/Enron@Enron, Tom 
Fry/GCO/Enron@Enron, Eugene Peabody/GCO/Enron@Enron, Bob 
Camp/GCO/Enron@Enron, Rodney Rogers/GCO/Enron@Enron, William D 
Cosby/GCO/Enron@Enron, Ty Porche/GCO/Enron@ENRON, Steve HPL 
Schneider/HOU/ECT@ECT, Janet R Dietrich/HOU/ECT@ECT, Mary Jo 
Johnson/HOU/ECT@ECT, Lal Echterhoff/HOU/ECT@ECT, Ginger Causey/HOU/ECT@ECT, 
Brad Blevins/HOU/ECT@ECT, Molly L Carriere/HOU/ECT@ECT, Garry D 
Wilson/HOU/ECT@ECT, Chris Sonneborn/HOU/ECT@ECT, Robert Cook/HOU/ECT@ECT, 
Robert D Morgan/HOU/ECT@ECT, Nathan L Hlavaty/HOU/ECT@ECT, James 
McKay/HOU/ECT@ECT, Gary A Hanks/HOU/ECT@ECT, Audrey Pullen/HOU/ECT@ECT, James 
R Haden/HOU/ECT@ECT, Brian Redmond/HOU/ECT@ECT, Nick 
Cocavessis/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Michael Crump/GCO/Enron@ENRON, Barney 
Brasher/FGT/Enron@ENRON, Allan Weatherford/GCO/Enron@ENRON, Charlie 
Thompson/GCO/Enron@ENRON, Dan Pribble/OTS/Enron@ENRON, David 
Ayers/GCO/Enron@ENRON, Perry Roberts/GCO/Enron@ENRON, David 
Sinclair/OTS/Enron@ENRON, Clay Roesler/GCO/Enron@ENRON, Melinda 
Gallishaw/OTS/Enron@ENRON, Ron Green/Corp/Enron@Enron, Adriana 
Peterson/HOU/ECT@ECT, Rick Ramirez/GCO/Enron@ENRON, Steve 
Alley/GCO/Enron@ENRON
cc:  
Subject: 4-28-00 Weekly