Subject: Re: New POWERMOD97.xls
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 04:16:00 -0700 (PDT)

Marty:
 Absolutely yes! We are now using option functions in the Exotic options 
library (in R:\Exotica which everybody in Risk Management has access to) 
instead of the old Visual Basic code in the powermod file. This improved the 
calculation speed for options quite a bit.

 We are also embarking on a new project to develop the next generation 
structuring and pricing models. I will discuss about this project in more 
detail with you soon and get your input, but the main goals I see now are: 

1. Superior performance (speed) to enable fast pricing especially for the 
underwriting group, 
2. Proper documentation for easy maintenance and ability to quickly adapt to 
meet future needs, and
3. Security/access control to the files.

The first stage in this process is to take inventory of what we have: I am 
documenting the current structuring models. This step is important not only 
for developing our next generation models but also for the AA audit of all 
the EES pricing models.

Krishna.

To: Maureen Craig/HOU/EES@EES, Pinnamaneni Krishnarao/HOU/ECT@ECT, Dennis 
Benevides/HOU/EES@EES
cc:  
Subject: New POWERMOD97.xls

any performance improvement to be expected?
---------------------- Forwarded by Marty Sunde/HOU/EES on 07/26/2000 10:14 
AM ---------------------------

Pinnamaneni Krishnarao@ECT
07/24/2000 01:37 PM
To: Dennis Benevides/HOU/EES@EES, James W Lewis/HOU/EES@EES, Neil 
Hong/HOU/EES@EES
cc: Marty Sunde/HOU/EES@EES, Alexios Kollaros/HOU/EES@EES 
Subject: New POWERMOD97.xls

We have made enhancements to POWERMOD97.xls model to enable proper processing 
from the batch model. These changes should not affect current functionality 
of this file. We will be putting the new version into production later today. 
Please contact me or Alex Kollaros (x39806) with your comments or problems.

Thanks,
Krishna
x35485.