Subject: Re: Resco Database and Customer Capture
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 04:02:00 -0700 (PDT)

Steve:
 Osman has been working on setting up this meeting and its agenda. I already 
informed John Henderson about this as he is the main person from Resco. Both 
Osman and I will be involved from the Research modeling angle. Osman will 
contact you today regarding this.
Thanks,
Krishna.

Vince J Kaminski
04/11/2000 05:27 PM
To: Steven R Meyers/HOU/EES@EES
cc: Vince J Kaminski/HOU/ECT@ECT, Pinnamaneni Krishnarao/HOU/ECT@ECT 
Subject: Re: Resco Database and Customer Capture  

Steve,

Krishna from my group. Krishna can also advise you on Resco participation.

Vince

Steven R Meyers@EES
04/11/2000 04:51 PM
To: Vince J Kaminski/HOU/ECT@ECT
cc:  
Subject: Re: Resco Database and Customer Capture  

Vince,

I was not going to be involved directly in the meeting.  Who from either your 
group or from Resco Marketing should participate?

Thanks,

Steve

Vince J Kaminski@ECT
04/11/2000 08:27 AM
To: Steven R Meyers/HOU/EES@EES
cc: Pinnamaneni Krishnarao/HOU/ECT@ECT, Vince J Kaminski/HOU/ECT@ECT 
Subject: Re: Resco Database and Customer Capture  

Steve,

It makes sense to meet with Abacus. Retail marketing is very data intensive. 
If you set up a meeting with them,
please, let me know. 

Vince

Steven R Meyers@EES
04/11/2000 08:17 AM
To: Timothy Edward Vail/HOU/EES@EES
cc: Vince J Kaminski/HOU/ECT@ECT 
Subject: Resco Database and Customer Capture

Tim,

I hope things are going well in Resco.  I think somebody from Resco (or 
Research) may be interested in the email I received below from Brad Davids.  
Brad is now working at Abacus who works with residential customer patterns as 
well as predictive modelling.  He's going to be here the 25 and 26 of this 
month.  I'm not sure who is responsible for Resco Marketing, but I think they 
would find this interesting.  Who should I send this to?   Please let me know 
if anybody in Resco may have any interest.

Thanks,

Steve

PS:  Vince, simply an FYI since they do focus on modelling and research.

---------------------- Forwarded by Steven R Meyers/HOU/EES on 04/11/2000 
08:14 AM ---------------------------

Bradley Davids <[email-masked]> on 04/10/2000 08:35:32 PM
To: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>
cc:  
Subject: RE: Possible Meeting?

Steve:

I'll see if I can get in on the 25th . . . will let you know, but I think
it'll work.

Just to give you a very brief overview so you can think about who might be
interested, Abacus has the largest transactional database of consumer buying
behavior in the world (89 million US households, 3 billion+ purchases),
along with sophisticated modeling capabilities to help predict customer
response to various offers at the household level. Given the critical need
to reduce customer acquisition costs in retail energy markets, we believe
that our data and modeling can help energy retailers target their direct
marketing efforts toward the residential customers most likely to respond to
whatever the offer is--improving the efficiency of mailings and other
promotional campaigns (so there is an efficiency angle, see!)

Because our data allow the modeling of future buying behavior based on
actual purchases, our results tend to be significantly more predictive than
demographic-based models. So far, the the response from utilities and "new
entrants" I've been talking to so far has been quite positive, and we have
some tests of our data underway, but we're interested in talking to as many
players in the market as possible as we develop specific products to meet
utility needs.

I can provide more background if desired to whoever might be interested, but
I guess the key immediate question is whether it might be worthwhile to
arrange a short meeting sometime on the 25th of April with whoever at Enron
might have interest in hearing what we're up to, and (most importantly)
listening to what your data needs might be as you enter new markets.

Thanks very much for any help . . . I look forward to catching up and
hearing how things are going for you.

Regards,

Brad Davids
303-410-5531

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, April 10, 2000 12:13 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Possible Meeting?

It'd be great to meet on the 25th in the afternoon.  I have a flight in the
evening.  I'm interested in hearing about life at abacus.  I too have heard
that Enron is getting back into the residential market.  What type of
database do you have?  I might be able to find somebody for you to talk
with here.

-Steve

Bradley Davids <[email-masked]> on 04/10/2000 12:04:00 PM

To:   "Steve Meyers (E-mail)" <[email-masked]>
cc:
Subject:  Possible Meeting?

Steve:

Sorry we've been unable to hook up . . . I can probably get down there on
the 25th, if you're going to be in town that afternoon? Would love to catch
up--both on how things are going with EES and tell you about my new life.

Also, I'm hearing rumors that Enron is about to get back into the
residential market in a big way--you know anything about that? Anybody I
should talk to there about my huge database of consumer buying behavior?

Thanks--looking forward to connecting . . . I'll be travelling most of this
week, but you can leave a VM and let me know when I can call you, or try me
on the cell at 303-886-3458.

Best,

Brad Davids

--------------------------------------------

Bradley J. Davids
Associate Vice President, Utilities

Abacus Direct, a division of DoubleClick, Inc.
11101 West 120th Avenue
Broomfield, CO  80021  USA

e-mail    [email-masked]
tel       303.410.5531
fax       303.410.5300

www.doubleclick.net
www.abacus-direct.com

(See attached file: C.DTF)