Subject: Associate PRC, Martin Lin
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 01:52:00 -0700 (PDT)

Dave,

You are representing Martin Lin, an associate currently in the research 
group, at the mid-year PRC.   We would like to promote Martin to a manager 
position in the research group, so you will need to nominate him for 
promotion at the PRC meeting for us.

Martin has spent the last four months supporting EBS.   His primary project 
has been development of a simulation model for analyzing the capability of 
the media-cast product running on the EBS network.   This type of analysis is 
critical to understanding what types of bottlenecks we might encounter in 
trying to service, for example, the Blockbuster deal.   Martin has already 
come  up to speed so that he is able to largely replace an expensive 
contractor from Lucent who is under contract to support this modelling 
effor.   Prior to supporting EBS, Martin used his engineering skills (B.S. 
Caltech, Ph.D. U.of Texas in EE) to create models of regional power 
transmission networks in order to better understand possible congestion 
constraints.  

In our internal pre-ranking meeting we felt that Martin was deserving of a 
rating of Superior due to his technical excellence, his excellent attitude 
and work ethic, and his ability to move projects forward with minimal 
supervision.

Regards,

Stinson