Subject: Re: Ken Lay's Speech
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2001 05:32:00 -0800 (PST)

is there a difference though--is the 460 part of the 1300?

Alhamd Alkhayat
ENRON CORP.
+1(713)853-0315

This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information 
intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law.  If 
you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message and are 
hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this 
message, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited.

	Maureen Raymond@ECT
	01/02/2001 01:20 PM
		
		 To: Alhamd Alkhayat/NA/Enron@ENRON, Steven J Kean/NA/Enron@Enron, Margaret 
Carson/Corp/Enron@ENRON
		 cc: Vince J Kaminski/HOU/ECT@ECT
		 Subject: Re: Ken Lay's Speech

The $1.3 trillion tax cut which is frequently quoted by the press is over 10 
years, the $460 tax cut below is over five years.

Maureen Raymond
01/02/2001 12:44 PM
To: Alhamd Alkhayat/NA/Enron@ENRON, Steven J Kean/NA/Enron@Enron, Margaret 
Carson/Corp/Enron@ENRON
cc: Vince J Kaminski/HOU/ECT@ECT 
Subject: Ken Lay's Speech

I looked into the proposed tax cut by George W. Bush.  On his website he 
proposes a $460 billion tax cut over five years. 
 The $213 billion "energy tax" imposed  from 1999 to 2001 by higher energy 
prices, is roughly half of Bush's proposed tax cut.

Maureen