Subject: Jacob feedback
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 08:45:00 -0700 (PDT)

Vince,

Chonawee and Tom Halliburton had  feedback about Jacob to me.

Tom's feedback is what he does for Pros is actually too simple. Their 
so-called 
trading system is actually a scheduling system.

My impression is that Jacob is good at selling himself, his knowledge
of finance and derivatives is very limited. 

Zimin

---------------------- Forwarded by Zimin Lu/HOU/ECT on 04/11/2001 03:31 PM 
---------------------------

Chonawee Supatgiat@ENRON
03/21/2001 07:28 PM
To: Zimin Lu/HOU/ECT@ECT
cc: Tom Halliburton/Corp/Enron@Enron 
Subject: Jacob feedback

I asked Jacob two questions to check his basic knowledge. He answered 
correctly in the optimization question so I believe that he has a good 
foundation on his optimization skill. I have a doubt about his stochastic 
skill because he took only one course in Stochastic Processes and his 
previous models are simple deterministic models. If we had more interview 
time I would be able to check his stochastic and modeling skills.

He completely failed to answer the second question, which is to check his 
basic risk management skill. It is clear to me that he has a very weak 
background in finance and risk management. He does not understand the 
relationship between a discount rate and risk. He showed some weakness in 
annuity calculation.
 
In conclusion, I feel that he has good basic in optimization but a very weak 
background in finance. Based on his experiences, I have a doubt on his 
advance optimization skills, such as his stochastic skill and his ability to 
attack a complex optimization problem. I would recommend a second-round 
interview if he will be solving a complex-optimization problem. 

-Chonawee