Subject: Interview for Japan Office
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 06:06:00 -0800 (PST)

Darren,

Tanya and I had a telephone interview for Yumi.    I do not know what
kind of position you would offer her.

If you intended to let her do the work on quantitative modeling, her knowledge
in math seems very sallow.  She is working on a math degree on stochastic
process, but she can not explain what Ito' lemma is.  We also asked questions
about volatility of a basket, value at risk, etc. she did not have a clear 
answer.

If you intended to let her to be a junior trader, she might be ok. It seems 
she has
some experience of financial market, but I think you are much more qualified 
to
probe her than I do in this aspect.

Keep in touch,

Best Regards

Zimin

From: Darren Delage@ENRON on 01/12/2001 11:59 AM ZE9
To: "mm21yumi" <[email-masked]>
cc: Zimin Lu/HOU/ECT@ECT 
Subject: Re: Next Tuesday  

Good afternoon Imokawa-San,

We would like to invite you to have a brief dialogue with some members of our 
research team. They would like to ask you to briefly expound on  your 
mathematical studies. If you could please contact them  next Wednesday at 
7:50 AM (it should be 4:50 PM Houston time, Tuesday). The conversation should 
take no more than 20 minutes of your time, and will enable us to get a more 
enhanced understanding of your quantitative abilities.

Zimin Lu, Director of Research , can be reached at  713-853-6388
to dial from Japan , 0061-1-713-853-6388
If you could please send Zimin a copy of your resume before the interview, 
that would be much appreciated. You can call the above number to obtain the 
appropriate fax number. 

I will be in touch with you shortly thereafter.

Sincerely,
Darren

	"mm21yumi" <[email-masked]>
	01/11/2001 08:35 PM
		 
		 To: <[email-masked]>
		 cc: 
		 Subject: Thank you

Darren, thank you for cordinating everything.  
I understand it takes time, this is
only the first week of the year in Japan, and I do not like to
push you much.  Normally, I have long meetings every Thursday.
For other dates, I make best effort to fit the schedule for
your convenience, including early morning or late evening. 
I am looking forward to seeing you sometime soon.

Sincerely,

Yumi Imokawa