Subject: Re: Internship
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 07:33:00 -0700 (PDT)

Shane,

Monday would work for us.

My assistant will contact you Wednesday to arrange the interviews.

Vince

"Shane Green" <[email-masked]> on 06/30/2000 11:33:53 AM
To: <[email-masked]>
cc:  
Subject: Internship

Dr. Kaminski:
?
I just wanted to touch base and see if I needed to snail mail  a copy of my 
resume or get in touch with anyone else over at Enron.?  
?
The finance department at LSU will be sending out financial  award letters to 
new Ph.D. students before long, and my interning at Enron would  free up some 
additional departmental funds.? In addition, If I will be here  in Baton 
Rouge during the fall, I will need to pay my tuition next month.?  I am able 
to pursue an internship in large part because of the department's  
cooperation and assurance that when I return I will still have a research and 
or  teaching assistantship to help fund the completion of Ph.D.? I have been  
told that such cooperation and assurances are rare at LSU, so I am trying to  
rock the boat as little as possible.
?
I realize until I receive an offer from Enron my internship (I  say 
internship rather than sabbatical because LSU will not continue to pay me my  
stipend while I am away) is not assured until an offer has been extended by  
Enron.? I understand that there are procedures?and protocols that must  be 
followed before this occurs, and I would be willing to do whatever is  
necessary to move to the next step in that process.
?
I will be in Houston on July 8 & 9 for my wife's  grandmother's 80th 
birthday.? If it would be convenient, I could be in  town?on the preceding 
Friday, or following Monday for a visit and/or  interview.? If not, given the 
relatively close proximity between Baton  Rouge and Houston, I would be happy 
to come at another time.
?
Thanks again,
Shane Green
?