Subject: Resume of Phil Roan, Koch Weather Desk
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 02:27:00 -0700 (PDT)

Shirley,

 Phil Roan, the quantitative analyst from Koch's weather derivatives group 
will be here on the afternoon of Friday June 16, beginning say, at 1:30 or 
2:00. Vince asked me to ask you to put a set of interviews together (as I 
understand, Vince himself will be unavailable that day). 

 Mark Tawney should see him; someone from weather marketing and/or 
structuring should see him, e.g. Gary Taylor and/or Michael Nguyen; some more 
people from research should grill him on technical and meteorology issues, 
e.g. Vasant and/or Zimin as well as Mike Roberts or someone on his team. Phil 
has only been a "quant" since the departure of Koch's previous weather quant 
in February; before that he was Koch's weather "risk manager". I am still not 
sure what the distinction means, but we do need to find out how much he knows 
about option pricing and meteorology. Even though his expressed desire is to 
focus on weather derivatives, we should also assess how useful he would be 
from research group's perspective, since research will likely be his official 
home.

 Finally, Jere Overdyke and/or someone else from his group (George Carrick, 
if available) should also get a chance to meet with him. I've already spoken 
with Phil, but I'd like to sit in with either Vasant or Zimin or Mike when 
they interview him, since I wasn't able to ask any technical questions.

 If I'm counting correctly, that should amount to five interview sessions, 
perhaps less if we interview in groups of two. Phil's resume is enclosed 
below.

Joe

P.S. I will also forward this to Jason Sokolov. He will let you know if any 
people from RAC would also like to meet with him.

---------------------- Forwarded by Joseph Hrgovcic/HOU/ECT on 06/07/2000 
08:40 AM ---------------------------
   
To: Vince J Kaminski/HOU/ECT@ECT, Vasant Shanbhogue/HOU/ECT@ECT, Joseph 
Hrgovcic/HOU/ECT@ECT, Stinson Gibner/HOU/ECT@ECT
cc:  
Subject: Resume of Phil Roan, Koch Weather Desk

---------------------- Forwarded by Jason Sokolov/HOU/ECT on 06/05/2000 01:54 
PM ---------------------------

"Roan, Philip" <[email-masked]> on 06/05/2000 08:33:00 AM
To: "Jason Sokolov (E-mail)" <[email-masked]>
cc:  
Subject: 

Jason,
Here's the attachment we discussed.  I'll call you this afternoon.

Phil Roan
[email-masked]
(713) 544-7469

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [SMTP:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Sunday,June 04,2000 8:07 PM
> To: pr@work
> Subject:
>
>  <<Philip F Roan.doc>>

 - Philip F Roan.doc