Subject: Re: Ming Sit
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 05:35:00 -0700 (PDT)

Dennis:
 I talked to Ming for only short time and am concerned about the cons  Scott 
mentioned. I would like to know what your assessment is like. Also, I would 
like Vince, Ronnie & myself to talk to Ming over the phone. Can we call him 
directly and talk to him? Please let me know how strongly you feel about 
having him as a support person.

Thanks,
Krishna.
x35485

To: Pinnamaneni Krishnarao/HOU/ECT@ECT
cc:  
Subject: Re: Ming Sit

Krisna:

Are you still interested in hiring Ming Sit, through the research group.  If 
so, please proceed and assign him to support EES.  Please let me know if I 
need to provide any information.

Thanks
Dennis
---------------------- Forwarded by Dennis Benevides/HOU/EES on 05/22/2000 
09:43 AM ---------------------------

James W Lewis
05/21/2000 11:44 AM
To: Dennis Benevides/HOU/EES@EES
cc: Scott Stoness/HOU/EES@EES 
Subject: Re: Ming Sit  

I like DB's suggestion.  Let's do it.

	Enron Energy Services
	
	From:  Dennis Benevides                           05/19/2000 03:31 PM
	Phone No: 713 853-9609

To: Scott Stoness/HOU/EES@EES
cc: James W Lewis/HOU/EES@EES 
Subject: Re: Ming Sit  

Got a little scared at your first sentence I read "He is no replacement for 
Jay but he could be for Dennis B .."??.

Anyway:

I think he would be a good fit withing the group.  Krisna has offered to hire 
him in the research group, he has good programing background and is excited 
about working for Enron instead of a Utility such as PacificCorp.  He 
expressed interest in applying his skill to make $$$$. 

I suggest bringing him in in research as a first alternative.  I see three 
potential applications where we can use his skills to evaluate best longer 
term fit:
Continuing Ronnie's model building role, but with a focus within Neil's group 
to tie RM systems together
Bridge the lack of Phd Econometrics expertise we have as are result of the 
departure of Anoush.
Risk Management Systems Infrastructure development.

Scott Stoness
05/19/2000 02:02 PM
To: James W Lewis/HOU/EES@EES
cc: Dennis Benevides/HOU/EES@EES 
Subject: Ming Sit

He is no replacement for Jay but he could be a Dennis B employee.

Pros:
Engineer so would be good at math
His boss hired him a 2nd time (1at TXU and again at Pacificor again) so he 
must be reliable
Phd in Economics and Engineering (good) from Stanford (ugh :) :) :) )

Cons:
Does not understand Tariffs.  I asked him and he said he is not experienced.  
I probed too and he does not understand regulatory that well.
Does not understand Ancillary Services (which is surprising to me since he 
started out as an plant operation side of HK Power)
Has limited people management skills (he described 1 analyst he works with 
that is not capable that he has to jump into the excel spreadsheet and fix it 
for him and he cannot give him feedback because it is a utility mentality)
He is not a good communicator (I asked him to describe what he did in HK 
Power and it took him forever to explain because he expected me to know that 
plant operations meant planning the start up of oil plants).

Overall:  
I suspect that he is a very solid guy when it comes to analysis but not 
particularly creative or good at communication and leadership.  He would be a 
great support person.
I would hire for analysis but not as a potential leader.Go