Subject: Re: Returning you call
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2000 03:27:00 -0800 (PST)

Celeste,

We shall match the tuition cost. We are very anxious to have Gappy here at 
Enron
supporting EBS. 

Vince

Celeste Roberts
03/08/2000 06:49 PM
To: Vince J Kaminski/HOU/ECT@ECT
cc:  
Subject: Re: Returning you call

Would you be willing to pay for this?  Since he is a Ph.D. and specifically 
for your group, this should be your call.  Let me know if your business unit 
agree to pick up this additional cost.

Celeste
---------------------- Forwarded by Celeste Roberts/HOU/ECT on 03/08/2000 
06:47 PM ---------------------------

Giuseppe Andrea Paleologo <[email-masked]>@Stanford.EDU on 03/06/2000 
03:23:24 PM
Please respond to [email-masked]
Sent by: [email-masked]
To: Celeste Roberts <[email-masked]>
cc:  
Subject: Re: Returning you call

Ms. Roberts, thanks for the quick reply! I received the offer on Thursday, 
and I
am very excited about joining Enron this summer. My research group is
establishing a long term collaboration with Dr. Kaminski and Dr. Gibner, and I
hope to help foster this relationship this summer.
I would just like to discuss one issue that is very specific to my status of
international student. As an international student, I am required to enroll 
part
time at Stanford University during the summer quarter in order to be 
considered
eligible for a summer internship ("optional practical training"). The cost of
the part-time tuition will be approx. $2300 for this academic year. The past
summer, my employer (AT&T) matched this tuition cost in an effort not to
discriminate between international and domestic Ph.D. students. The offers for
summer employment I received this year have also been very flexible in this
respect. I would like to know if Enron could do the same; it would be of 
course
very much appreciated (given the notoriously precarious financial condition of
Ph.D. students). Yet, to make things clear, please rest assured that my
acceptance of your offer is not conditioned on your reply regarding this 
issue,
and that I intend to be at Enron this summer.
All the best,

          Giuseppe

--
::Giuseppe A Paleologo::                  http://www.stanford.edu/~gappy