Subject: FW: Recent History
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 07:30:51 -0800 (PST)

-----Original Message-----
From: Roberts, Mike A. 
Sent: Monday, December 10, 2001 6:34 AM
To: Kaminski, Vince J
Subject: FW: Recent History

FYI

-----Original Message-----
From: William Smith [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, December 10, 2001 6:30 AM
To: Stevens, Adam; Marquez, Jose; Bennett, Stephen; Roberts, Mike A.;
Moore, Kevin G.
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Recent History

Gentlemen,

I woke up early as usual and wanted to help you, but the management had 
other plans.....

In the emotion of the moment last Friday, I was too choked up to say much, 
so let me try to make some amends this morning.  Of course, I hope to get 
together with you guys some day soon, but until then I'd like to say a 
couple of things.

The Weather Team was one of the best, most competent groups within Enron.  
It compared nationally with "major-league" meteorology, both public and 
private.  To break this team up is a serious offense to science.  I was 
proud to be a part of it, learning and growing personally and 
professionally.

I don't see how any job I find from here on out will compare to it.  The 
Research Group in general was the finest collection of minds and talent I've 
ever seen.  Vince chose them very carefully.  I just sort of wormed my way 
in, but I was practicing hard while sitting on the bench waiting for my 
chance to prove something.

And, perhaps more importantly, I have gained new friends. If there's 
anything you guys need, let me know.

Mike, as the rest of you know, has an amazing talent for bringing out the 
best in people.  As he told me Friday, I have indeed grown in the past two 
years.  The credit for much of it goes to Mike, who lives the philosophy 
that we called Enron.  Pity that some of the executives didn't.

I could ramble on for a while about this, but I won't bore you with it.  I 
just wanted to say that y'all are the best!  I'd appreciate an occasional 
e-mail if you hear some interesting company news.  Of course, I want to 
immediately know what happens to each of you.

Kevin, you need to get that home e-mail going buddy!

I'll keep you posted on my job hunt if I turn up anything.

You'll hear from me again! :-)

Sam

_________________________________________________________________
Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp