Subject: RE:
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 11:56:51 -0800 (PST)

Jose,

Thank you for your interest in Enron. 
I don't know at this point if we are going to offer any
internships in the summer of 2002.

My assistant, Shirley Crenshaw,  will send you the reprints of my publications.

Vince

 -----Original Message-----
From: 	"Jose E. Figueroa-Lopez" <[email-masked]>@ENRON  
Sent:	Wednesday, November 14, 2001 11:41 AM
To:	[email-masked]
Subject:	 

	Dear Dr. Kamiski,

        I am a student of the master in Quantitative Computational Finance
in Georgia Tech and also a Ph.D. student of the school of Mathematics. I
had the opportunity of attending the talk you gave in Georgia Tech two
weeks ago. I found the field and your work extremely interesting and
exciting. Since I am finishing the master degree in QCF this Fall and I
am in the initial  stages of my dissertation research, I am really looking
forward to having exposure to some real problems that the industry has
related to price modeling and pricing of financial instruments. I believe
that such a exposure will serve to motivate my dissertation and research.

        I firmly believe that my mathematical background is particularly
suitable for the problems you explained in your talks. I have another
master degree in Statistics and probability, in which I had exposure to
practical and theoretical aspects of statistics and probability. As part
of my master dissertation, I had the opportunity to study in depth
Self-similar Stochastic Processes and Levy Processes with particular
emphasis on papers of Taqqu, Samorodnitsky, Sato, Mandelbrot, and
Bandorff-Nielsen. Also, I have extensive experience in C and Java
programming as well as standard statistical and mathematical packages like
MatLab, Maple, S-plus, Minitab, and Statgraphics. You can read my
resume attached to the e-mail.

        I am really interested in working on an internship next Spring
and/or Summer in your group or maybe to work individually with you in
reading sections and research projects related to the energetic field.

	One last thing, I wonder if you can provide me with a copy of your
slices or some bibliography.

	Thanks for your time and I expect to hear from you.

	Sincerely yours,

	Jose E. Figueroa-Lopez

 - Fall01Resume3.pdf << File: Fall01Resume3.pdf >>