Subject: Re: Project Stanley - Recent Meetings with Alberta Government andTransAlta
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2000 05:09:00 -0700 (PDT)

"Privileged and Confidential"

I read your message regarding the meeting with TransAlta and other Alberta 
marketers with interest.  My immediate thoughts are as follows.

Obviously, you should keep the discussions entirely to problems experienced 
with B.C. Hydro/Powerex foreclosure of transmission capacity.

If the project proceeds, the coalititon should appoint a limited number of 
people to carry the project and report back to participants.

The working group should ensure that their proceedings include outside 
counsel who had or have some knowledge of antitrust, as well as the 
regulatory issues.

The coalition should stay as close as possible to government.  For example, 
they should try to involve Alberta officials in the project if possible.

My guess is the Competition Bureau will take the view that regulatorys (B.C., 
NEB, FERC) have primary jurisdiction, but the Bureau may be an ally in 
dealing with regulators.  Do you know who at the Bureau TransAlta talked to 
about their concerns?  This may also have some bearing on the extent to which 
Enron should openly participate in the project.
 - TEXT.htm