Subject: Talking points for US Ambassador
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 10:16:00 -0800 (PST)

In advance of Ken's phone call to Ambassador Celeste in Delhi, I have 
prepared a brief one-page summary of the current situation as talking points 
for Ken.

 

For convenience, I also attach the talking points we provided to Ken's office 
in advance of his earlier conversation with the Ambassador.

Ashok Mehta in our Delhi office has spoken with the Ambassador. He is booked 
with official engagements on Monday evening, India time, but would be 
available on Tuesday morning, India time, 8:00am, which translates to Monday 
evening, Houston time, 8:30 pm. If this works for Ken's schedule, the 
telephone number he requested we call is -- 

US Embassy
011-91-11-419-8000
Tell the operator that this is a previously arranged call with Ambassador 
Celeste

For your information, I have a separate meeting with Ambassador Celeste on 
Thursday afternoon, January 11, in Delhi. At our request, he had earlier 
agreed to a full update on the Dabhol project. This update was originally 
scheduled for last Wednesday, but his schedule changed, and we rescheduled 
for this coming Thursday.