Subject: Your request for presentations
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2000 00:58:00 -0800 (PST)

Here are the FERC presentations.  The first one is Tim's.  It corrects some 
information in my presentation.  For example, Tim's presentation corrects the 
hydro generation numbers to reflect the fact that not all hydro capacity 
equates with hydro energy, if there isn't sufficient water to produce it.  My 
presentation includes more verbal explanations.  Cooper and Alan - does any 
of the data in these presentations need to be updated? 

From: Steven J Kean@ENRON on 11/07/2000 08:59 AM CST
To: Paul Kaufman/PDX/ECT@ECT, Tim Belden/HOU/ECT@ECT, Richard 
Shapiro/NA/Enron@Enron, Jeff Dasovich/NA/Enron@Enron, Susan J 
Mara/SFO/EES@EES, Sandra McCubbin/NA/Enron@Enron, David Parquet/SF/ECT@ECT, 
Mary Hain/HOU/ECT@ECT, Joe Hartsoe/Corp/Enron@ENRON, James D 
Steffes/NA/Enron@Enron, Sarah Novosel/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Peggy 
Mahoney/HOU/EES@EES
cc:  
Subject: 

I will be on the first panel of the FERC California conference on Thursday.  
The format allows a 5 min presentation and then 60 min of Q&A.  I need your 
help to make sure I have "Gore-like" command of the details.  Please help 
with the following information:
Enron project information (Parquet/McCubbin) -- please give me any 
presentations or summaries you have on the generation, or firm purchases, we 
have under way (or planned).  I'll talk with you to find out what we are 
comfortable disclosing but please err on the side of giving whatever 
information you have.
Updated Belden presentation (Hain/Belden) -- I believe the latest information 
was as of August; I think some of the information on the cost of peaking 
facilities is particularly eye-opening on the price cap issue.
Comparison to PJM (Hartsoe/Novosel) -- Is the information we are seeking from 
the ISO and PX similar to information PJM already provides?  If so, it would 
be nice to tie our requests back to something the Commission has already 
approved.
Cancelled DSM projects (Mahoney) -- Again, I'll only use what we feel 
comfortable with, but it would help make our point if we can give examples of 
how price caps backfire when it comes to encouraging conservation.
ISO/PX reports (Dasovich).  I have the ISO market surveillance report.  Is 
there another ISO report?  If so, please get me a copy and provide a copy of 
the PX report too.
CEC/Proposed generation update (Mara/Parquet) -- Need the basic information: 
proposed, waiting for permitting; how much/little the legislation did to 
expedite siting (ie are we still comfortable saying that it applies to less 
than 10%)?
Soft cap(Belden/Hain) -- need a crisp explanation of why the "soft" nature of 
the cap is not sufficient.  Also, would we be OK if the Commission revised it 
to say that bids can be taken above 150 without special filing or reporting 
requirements, but those bids will be accepted at the price bid rather than 
applying to all lower bids as well (ie the highest bid at or below 150 clears 
the market, bids above 150 accepted at price bid as needed)?
Offers we have made/deals done (Parquet/Dasovich/ Mccubbin) -- Roseville plus 
any others, offer made to SDG&E -- I want to make the point that the market 
will provide solutions (below the retail price cap) if we get the utility 
(and the regulators) out of the merchant function.
Herding the cats(Hartsoe/mccubbin/mara/dasovich):  We are asking FERC to be 
courageous, do the right thing and ignore the politics.  To be even halfway 
credible, we can't have IEP, EPSA, Dynegy or anyone else "squishing" on the 
price cap issue..  We have never been closer to reform in California, we need 
these guys on board.
Thanks.