Subject: Re: Messqge
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 03:43:00 -0800 (PST)

Jim,

The message you forwarded appears to be quite appropriate for the audience of 
South America employees.  I believe there may be a need for a bit more 
explanation if it is necessary to respond to media inquiries.  Only if asked, 
I'd suggest we respond to South American press as follows:

I can confirm that Jim Bannantine and Diomedes Christodoulou have resigned 
from Enron to pursue other interests.  We wish them well in their new 
endeavors.  Both had begun the transfer over to other Enron's businesses 
several months ago, so the transition at Enron South America is already 
underway.  We have a strong management team in place and every confidence in 
their continuing ability to manage the business effectively.

In addition, for U.S. and major international media it may be necessary to 
provide some further explanation.  Consequently, we would plan to use the 
attached statement, only if asked, to respond to international media.  Please 
let me know if you have comments on the wording in either statement.

Thanks,

John

James M Bannantine
01/30/2001 02:15 PM
To: John Ambler/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT
cc: Steven J Kean/NA/Enron@Enron 

Subject: Messqge

John,

Please see attached announcement that we would send to Enron South America 
ASAP.  Rumors are flying and better to make the announcement.,  We have 
chosen to not talk about assets or international per se (we don't really want 
to be labled one way or the other), just keep it simple.