Subject: Re: Generic One-Pager on Price Caps
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 04:34:00 -0700 (PDT)

That's great.  Looking forward to see them.

James D Steffes
07/24/2000 05:54 AM
To: Karen Denne/Corp/Enron@ENRON
cc: Rob Bradley/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Mark Palmer/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Steven J 
Kean/HOU/EES@EES, John Jura/NA/Enron@Enron, Jeff Dasovich/SFO/EES@EES 
Subject: Re: Generic One-Pager on Price Caps  

Rob & Karen --

John Jura is working on putting together some numbers to compare "hedging" 
versus "riding the market".  Initial difference looks pretty good.  When 
complete, we'll get these numbers to you.

Jim

Karen Denne@ENRON
07/22/2000 01:43 PM
To: Rob Bradley/Corp/Enron@ENRON
cc: Mark Palmer/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Steven J Kean/HOU/EES@EES, James D 
Steffes/HOU/EES@EES 
Subject: Re: Generic One-Pager on Price Caps  

Rob -- This info is great.  For use w/ the media, we'll need to simplify, and 
it would be helpful to have specific examples of what a utility would pay and 
the overall result of a market with price caps, the current "open" market 
(under ISO regulation, buying from the PX) and a pure open market (using 
hedges to manage risk).  

thx.
kd

   

	From:  Rob Bradley                           07/21/2000 01:40 PM

To: Mark Palmer/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Karen Denne/Corp/Enron@ENRON
cc: Steven J Kean/HOU/EES@EES 

Subject: Re: Generic One-Pager on Price Caps

Here is a one pager on the general problem of price regulation.  Next we will 
need to discuss the particular cases and identify specific distortions, which 
the field people will have to provide.

- Rob

---------------------- Forwarded by Rob Bradley/Corp/Enron on 07/22/2000 
01:34 AM ---------------------------

James D Steffes@EES
07/20/2000 11:01 PM
To: Rob Bradley/Corp/Enron@ENRON
cc:  

Subject: Re: Generic One-Pager on Price Caps  

Rob --

I think this is a great start for the outline of policy reasons against price 
caps.  If possible, let's run it by PR to see what more structure they want.

Jim

Rob Bradley@ENRON
07/19/2000 02:56 PM

To: James D Steffes/HOU/EES@EES
cc:  
Subject: Generic One-Pager on Price Caps

See if this is of use and whether I need to do more.

I hope it sets a framework from which the specifics of the price cap examples 
and distortions can be added.

- Rob