Subject: Re: November 9 comments
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2000 02:24:00 -0800 (PST)

Mary,

Can we tone down the demand-side management language.  Our short-term retail 
position in California is that the rate freeze by law should be maintained 
until December 31, 2002.  Of course, in the long-run we believe demand-side 
management and demand elasticity is and important tool toward managing the 
prices in California.  Perhaps you can refer to demand elasticity as a 
long-run goal or focus your discussions on demand elasticity with respect to 
the utilities' current tools in their interruptible tariffs.  Also, you could 
focus more on the utilities' new ability to purchase outside the PX.  I am 
afraid that coming out too strong on demand-side management as a short-run 
solution plays into the utilities' hands to end the rate freeze early to the 
detriment of the retail market.

Roger

Mary Hain@ECT
11/02/2000 06:02 PM
To: Tim Belden/HOU/ECT@ECT, David Parquet/SF/ECT@ECT, Robert 
Badeer/HOU/ECT@ECT, Jeff Richter/HOU/ECT@ECT, Paul Kaufman/PDX/ECT@ECT, Jeff 
Dasovich/NA/Enron@Enron, James D Steffes/NA/Enron@Enron, Steven J 
Kean/NA/Enron@Enron, Joe Hartsoe/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Sarah 
Novosel/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Richard Shapiro/NA/Enron@Enron, Mona L 
Petrochko/NA/Enron@Enron, Sandra McCubbin/NA/Enron@Enron, Karen 
Denne/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Mark Palmer/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Roger Yang/SFO/EES@EES, 
Dennis Benevides/HOU/EES@EES, Alan Comnes/PDX/ECT@ECT, Neil 
Bresnan/HOU/EES@EE, Jubran Whalan/HOU/EES@EES, Christopher F 
Calger/PDX/ECT@ECT, Michael McDonald/SF/ECT@ECT
cc:  
Subject: November 9 comments

Here's a first draft of our comments for the November 9 meeting.  However, I 
have not attempted to incorporate Sue's comments from earlier today.  Rather, 
I thought Sue could do the next draft.  If any of the rest of you have any 
comments please get them to me or Sue.  Thanks.