Subject: Re: DRAFT EDITORIAL: Enron is Committed to Florida's Energy Future
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 07:54:00 -0700 (PDT)

I think it starts off a bit too hot.  I would pull up some of the arguments 
you make about the need for additional supply and the importance of 
electricity to our way of life.  I'd then go into a discussion of the debacle 
in the West (and how they are now playing catchup - with loud, polluting 
diesel generators ... as was reported today).  Then I'd go into how our 
plants in Florida represent a very reasonable, inobtrusive solution for 
Florida.

From: Eric Thode/ENRON@enronXgate on 05/24/2001 09:07 AM
To: Steven J Kean/NA/Enron@Enron, Mark Palmer/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Karen 
Denne/Corp/Enron@ENRON
cc:  

Subject: DRAFT EDITORIAL: Enron is Committed to Florida's Energy Future

In support of of our three power plant proposals in South Florida, I have 
written an editorial for distribution to South Florida newspapers, including 
the Sun Sentinel and Miami Herald.  Additionally, we would distribute it to a 
number of small city papers, including the Pompano Pelican, Deerfield Times, 
Pompano Times, Deerfield Observer, etc.

Needless to say, no decision has been made regarding releasing it.  I would 
like your input on the subject.  If we decide to proceed, our goal would be 
placement during the first week in June leading up to the next round of 
Commission hearings, which are scheduled for June 6, 8 and 12.

Please provide comments to me at your earliest convenience.  If you have any 
questions, please call me at ext. 3-9053.

Thanks.

Eric