Subject: Re: EEI Conference Series on RTOs and Markets: Mark Your Calendars
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 02:20:00 -0700 (PDT)

I tend to think that Enron needs to re-position its message re:  RTOs.
From what I can tell, we have been a proponent of Transcos before FERC for
the most part during the RTO debate.  Only Detroit Edison's Transco
proposal comes close to our initial vision.  Given that what is most likely
is a bunch of not-for-profit ISOs being created in the East and West, why
not re-establish our position.  This meeting gives us an opportunity to
really set up this distinction and draw some "bottom lines".

Jim

To:   Steven J Kean/HOU/EES@ENRON
cc:   Charles Yeung/HOU/ECT@ENRON, James D Steffes/HOU/EES@EES@ENRON, Joe
      Hartsoe/Corp/Enron@Enron, Jeff Brown/HOU/EES@EES
Subject:  Re: EEI Conference Series on RTOs and Markets: Mark Your
      Calendars  (Document link: James D Steffes)

From what ESCA was telling us, I don't think that they typically would go
to these as speakers.   However, it may be something they would want to do
to promote their systems (hopefully that will be consistent with the Enron
model).

Since Scott Miller and Massey of FERC are on the agenda 9/28-29 , it may
make sense for Enron to make sure that Ed Cazulet of APX and the Cal PX
people on the agenda are promoting the "Enron" model.  Cal PX is coming in
next week.

Steven J Kean@ENRON
08/21/2000 07:33 AM

Sent by:  Steven J Kean@ENRON

To:   Christi L Nicolay/HOU/ECT, Charles Yeung/HOU/ECT, James D
      Steffes/HOU/EES@EES
cc:
Subject:  EEI Conference Series on RTOs and Markets: Mark Your Calendars

Should we (or ESCA) start looking for opportunities like this now to get
the word out?
---------------------- Forwarded by Steven J Kean/NA/Enron on 08/21/2000
07:30 AM ---------------------------

"Christina Forbes" <[email-masked]> on 08/18/2000 02:54:52 PM

To:   <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>,
      <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>,
      <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>,
      <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>,
      <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>,
      <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>,
      <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>,
      <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
cc:

Subject:  EEI Conference Series on RTOs and Markets: Mark Your Calendars

EEI is pleased to announce a three-conference series addressing RTOs and
electricity market design.

*  RTOs and Market Design:  How to Get Electricity Markets to Work.
September 28 and 29, Hilton Washington Embassy Row.
Current draft agenda attached.  This conference features a star-studded
cast of speakers addressing market design issues from all around the
country,  Keynote by Commissioner William Massey.

*  RTOs:  The October Filings
November 2 and 3, Washington D.C. (hotel information to come).
Team leaders from each of the RTOs under development that must file in
October will present their RTO plans.  EEI will have summaries of all of
the major filings available.   This conference will give everyone a chance
to be on the same page as to what the RTO filings propose and to learn what
is being developed around the country.

*  RTOs:  The January Filings
February 8 and 9, Washington, D.C. (hotel information to come).
Team leaders from each of the approved ISOs that will file in January will
present their RTO plans.  EEI will have summaries of all of the major
filings available.  This conference will complete the initial tour of the
RTO plans, nationwide.

These three conferences will give you the information you need to
understand tomorrow's electric business and a chance to network with
leaders in the  industry.

For further information and conference registration materials, email Judy
Mastin, [email-masked].

We hope to see you there,

Christina C. Forbes
Director, Federal Commercial and Regulatory Policy
Edison Electric Institute
P 202 508 5104
F 202 508 5445
[email-masked]

(See attached file: RTOMktDesAgenda.doc)

 - RTOMktDesAgenda.doc