Subject: Republican Energy Message Bill
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 03:07:00 -0800 (PST)

- entire bill.pdf
 This bill was supposed to be introduced today as the Senate Republican 
Energy Message bill. (We don't have a bill number or verification that it was 
actually introduced.)  However, we believe it will be held an introduced on 
February 5-6th. This bill includes PUHCA repeal, PURPA repeal, Reliability 
and Transmission eminent domain authority.

House Chairmen Tauzin and Barton announced their plans to travel to 
California on a "fact finding" trip while they and other leaders meet today 
at the White House along with Secretary Abraham to discuss policy responses 
to the California situation.

The Senate Democrats do not plan to introduce their bill at all now while the 
House members will wait to draft until after today's meetings.

The Feinstein legislation has bipartisan House cosponsors including 
Congresswoman Bono and Congressman Hunter.

We will follow up with a more comprehensive memo as more details become known.