Subject: Re: FW: Enron's recent filing at ERCOT
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 10:35:00 -0800 (PST)

Admittedly , ERCOT was handled poorly from a pleading submission perspective, 
but there is a legitimate discussion going on within the company that , at 
the very least,  will result in a more flexible approach to market structure 
and , perhaps( this is my preference) will result in a sharpening and 
refocusing of our positions that will acknowledge the necessity for an 
"LMP"-like approach in real-time to achieve sufficient depth of liquidity.( 
with a keen focus on developing forward markets in transmission rights).  
Airing our differences and doubts externally creates absolutely no benefit - 
At the end of the day, we're here ( no matter where we end up on this issue) 
to enhance the company's commercial success, not to win an ideological 
battle. I understand and value the passion people in our group bring to their 
work... I don't want to lose that "fire", but merely want to assure that it 
is properly directed. We will resolve this issue shortly and am quite  sure 
we will all work hard to ensure uniformity of message at that time.

Susan J Mara
02/21/2001 06:15 PM
To: "Alaywan, Ziad" <[email-masked]>
cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], 
[email-masked] (bcc: Richard Shapiro/NA/Enron)

Subject: Re: FW: Enron's recent filing at ERCOT  

Ziad   and Elena and Diane and Alex,

It is not exactly true -- but I can see how people got that idea.  Enron has 
decided to withdraw the filings we made in ERCOT. Our position on the ERCOT 
market structure is being reviewed.  

Enron continually goes through a process of reviewing its policies to make 
sure they are consistent with our business needs.  I can tell you that there 
are some strong supporters of Hogan's policies INSIDE Enron now and these 
supporters are finding an ear.  

Currently, we are reviewing the positions we are taking on market structure 
in ERCOT and the east.  We have to ensure we are practical -- from a business 
point of view -- and not being just religious about our views.  Probably the 
number one concern of the business people is the ability to have a deep, 
liquid market for trading.  I believe that much of the discussion has focused 
on the ways in which we can achieve such a market.  

After our review of ERCOT, Enron may indeed support a PJM-like structure for 
the real-time market, but the filings we make will likely not imply that this 
approach be implemented everywhere.  I expect that we will be free to support 
different approaches in different parts of the country, depending on the 
evolution of the markets in each location.

What does this mean for our position in California?  So far, nothing.  We are 
standing firm on our California position, supporting the ISO and 
stakeholder-approved approach for congestion management, and do not have any 
plans to make new proposals. Further, we have the support of the Traders on 
this.

Please feel free to call with any concerns. Believe me, I'm having just as 
hard of a time working through this as you all are.

Sue

Sue Mara
Enron Corp.
Tel: (415) 782-7802
Fax:(415) 782-7854

	"Alaywan, Ziad" <[email-masked]>
	02/21/2001 01:12 PM
		 
		 To: "Mara, Sue" <[email-masked]>, "Mara, Sue" <[email-masked]>
		 cc: 
		 Subject: FW: Enron's recent filing at ERCOT

Sue:

Is this true????

ziad
-----Original Message-----
From: Alex Papalexopoulos [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, February 09, 2001 6:30 PM
To: Alaywan, Ziad; Atkins, Sean; Kristov, Lorenzo; Kelley, Kristen;
Rothleder, Mark; Greenleaf, Steve; Hawk, Dianne; Farrokh Rahimi; Rahimi,
Farrokh (external); Mason, Tim; Sheffrin, Anjali; Casey, Keith; Woertz,
Byron; Fluckiger, Kellan; Rahman, Brian; Schmid, Elena; Robinson, Charlie;
Traweek, Nancy; Leuze, Eric; Gerber, Spence; Willis, Mark; Kasarjian,
Vicken; Angelidis, George; Tong Wu; Roger Treinen
Subject: FW: Enron's recent filing at ERCOT

FYI:

I thought you may find this interesting.........

Enron, one of the main advocates of the zonal/flowgate model, has a change
of heart.  After putting their weight behind the zonal model since 1995, now
they are abandoning it unceremoniously. I talked to Richard Tabors today and
he confirmed that Enron, his main client, has turned around 180 degrees on
this issue. It is all the work of Ron McNamara, a key Enron person in the
ERCOT and the Eastern ISO markets. In fact Enron is bringing next week to
the PUCT hearings in Texas no other than Bill Hogan himself. ERCOT is way
down the path of the zonal model and they have almost completed the
implementation of the zonal model, but these recent developments add
substantial uncertainty to the final outcome of that market.

Alex

-----Original Message-----
From: Shams Siddiqi [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, February 09, 2001 8:49 AM
To: Gregory Ioanidis
Cc: Andy Vesey
Subject: Enron's recent filing at ERCOT

Hi Gregory,

Attached is Enron's recent PUCT filing on the ERCOT Protocols. This has to
be the greatest (shameless) turnaround that I've seen. The reason I say
shameless is that during the congestion management development sessions in
ERCOT, they wouldn't even let us discuss PJM-like market structures and
actually succeeded in making "PJM" a dirty word in these sessions.

Anyway, I thought you might find the attached interesting.

Regards,
Shams

 - 23220_143 feb5 enron's reply brief.tif
 - 23220_125 jan26 enron's brief.tif