Subject: Knowledge and information management strategy documents
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 03:33:00 -0800 (PST)

Maureen,

Attached please find the response to Marie's questions.  I am also attaching 
some strategy documents that I wrote for the Knowledge and Information 
Management initiative some time ago.

Best,

Ricardo

	Maureen McVicker
	01/08/2001 11:17 AM
		 
		 To: Ginger Dernehl/NA/Enron@Enron, James D Steffes/NA/Enron@Enron, Marcia A 
Linton/NA/Enron@Enron, Sue Nord/NA/Enron@Enron, Lara Leibman/NA/Enron@Enron, 
Xi Xi/Enron Communications@Enron Communications, Steve 
Montovano/NA/Enron@Enron, Chauncey Hood/NA/Enron@ENRON, Daniel 
Allegretti/NA/Enron@Enron, Howard Fromer/NA/Enron@Enron, Frank 
Rishe/NA/Enron@Enron, Tom Chapman/HOU/ECT@ECT, Janine Migden/NA/Enron@Enron, 
Barbara A Hueter/NA/Enron@Enron, Bill Moore/NA/Enron@Enron, Paul 
Kaufman/PDX/ECT@ECT, Lysa Akin/PDX/ECT@ECT, Susan J Mara/NA/Enron@ENRON, 
Marcie Milner/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Jean Ryall/NA/Enron@ENRON, Geriann 
Warner/NA/Enron@Enron, Robin Kittel/NA/Enron@Enron, Aleck Dadson/TOR/ECT@ECT, 
Robert Hemstock/CAL/ECT@ECT, Jeff Brown/NA/Enron@Enron, Tom 
Delaney/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Ron McNamara/NA/Enron@Enron, Damon 
Harvey/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Ricardo Charvel/NA/Enron@Enron, 
Kikumi Kishigami/NA/Enron@Enron, Lisa Yoho/NA/Enron@Enron, Linda J 
Noske/HOU/ECT@ECT, Maria Arefieva/NA/Enron@ENRON, Harry 
Kingerski/NA/Enron@Enron, Leslie Lawner/NA/Enron@Enron, Robert 
Neustaedter/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Rubena 
Buerger/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Linda Robertson/NA/Enron@ENRON, 
Chris Long/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Stephen D Burns/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Amy 
Fabian/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Allison Navin/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Germain 
Palmer/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Bernadette Hawkins/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Sarah 
Novosel/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Donna Fulton/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Charles 
Yeung/HOU/ECT@ECT, Jose Bestard/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Gisele S 
Braz/SA/Enron@Enron, Mike G Smith/NA/Enron@Enron, Guillermo 
Canovas/SA/Enron@Enron, Ray Alvarez/TRANSREDES@TRANSREDES, Alfonso 
Canedo/TRANSREDES@TRANSREDES, Luiz Maurer/SA/Enron@Enron, Jose Lucio 
Reis/SA/Enron@Enron, Valeria Lima/SA/Enron@Enron, Javier 
Pantoja/TRANSREDES@TRANSREDES, Sergio Assad/SA/Enron@Enron, Laurie 
Knight/NA/Enron@Enron, Michelle Belzak/TOR/ECT@ECT, Michael 
Terraso/OTS/Enron@ENRON, Laura Glenn/OTS/Enron@ENRON, Jeffrey 
Keeler/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Marc Phillips/OTS/Enron@ENRON, Susan 
Worthen/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Henry 
Van/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Kathy 
Mongeon/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Mary Schoen/NA/Enron@Enron, Jim 
Peterson/OTS/Enron@ENRON, Sandra Maldonado/Enron Communications@Enron 
Communications, Don Stevens/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Donnie 
Willmann/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Paul Newman/Corp/Enron@Enron, 
Helen Rizzo/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Scott 
Reblitz/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Edith 
Terry/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Cheryl 
Ingstad/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENt, Mark Palmer/Corp/Enron@ENRON, 
Cindy Derecskey/Corp/Enron@Enron, Karen Denne/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Ann M 
Schmidt/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Jeannie Mandelker/HOU/ECT@ECT, Mary 
Clark/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Vance Meyer/NA/Enron@ENRON, Laura 
Schwartz/Corp/Enron@Enron, Dennis Vegas/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, 
Michael B Rosen/HOU/ECT@ECT, Margaret Allen/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Brandon 
Rigney/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Rodney Reagor/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Marge 
Nadasky/HOU/ECT@ECT, Jackie Gentle/LON/ECT@ECT, Tracy Ralston/EU/Enron@ENRON, 
Fiona Grant/LON/ECT@ECT, Eva Hoeffelman/LON/ECT@ECT, Iona 
Maclean/LON/ECT@ECT, Marianne Boubaki/LON/ECT@ECT, Andrew 
Morrison/LON/ECT@ECT, Bill Donovan/EPSC/HOU/ECT@ECT, Billie 
Akhave/EPSC/HOU/ECT@ECT, Steve Woods/EPSC/HOU/ECT@ECT, Lance 
McCarthy/EPSC/HOU/ECT@ECT, Richard Fruge/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, Dawn 
Fournier/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Nina Garcia/EPSC/HOU/ECT@ECT, 
Tiko Reynolds/EPSC/HOU/ECT@ECT, Betsy Raybon/EPSC/HOU/ECT@ECT, Susan 
Bulgawicz/EPSC/HOU/ECT@ECT, Georgeanna Hoiseth/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Sarah 
Clark/EPSC/HOU/ECT@ECT, Tara Soyal/EPSC/HOU/ECT@ECT, Brenda 
Anderson/NA/Enron@Enron, Harry Grubbs/EPSC/HOU/ECT@ECT, Patti 
Ucci/EPSC/HOU/ECT@ECT, Deborah Bubenko/EPSC/HOU/ECT@ECT, Janelle 
Duree/HOU/ECT@ECT, Carole Rogers/EPSC/HOU/ECT@ECT, Richard 
Hensch/EPSC/HOU/ECT@ECT, Bonnie Allen/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, 
Mark Schroeder/LON/ECT@ECT, Beverley Ashcroft/LON/ECT@ECT, Kyran 
Hanks/LON/ECT@ECT, Amber Keenan/LON/ECT@ECT, Paul Hennemeyer/LON/ECT@ECT, 
Viviana Florio/FRA/ECT@ECT, Amber Keenan/LON/ECT@ECT, Thomas van 
Gilst/LON/ECT@ECT, Alfredo Huertas/LON/ECT@ECT, David X 
Gonzalez/NA/Enron@ENRON, Justyna Ozegalska/WAR/ECT@ECT, Paul Dawson/Govt. 
Affairs/LON/ECT@ECT, Stephen Jones/LON/ECT@ECT, Christopher J Day/Govt. 
Affairs/LON/ECT@ECT, Kerryann Irwin/LON/ECT@ECT, Peter Styles/LON/ECT@ECT, 
Nailia Dindarova/LON/ECT@ECT, Doug Wood/LON/ECT@ECT, David 
Merrill/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Mike 
Dahlke/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Jane Wilson/Enron@Gateway, June 
Fernandes/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Amr 
Ibrahim/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Elizabeth 
Labanowski/EPSC/HOU/ECT@ECT, Richard Shapiro/NA/Enron@Enron, Margaret 
Carson/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Joan Stransky/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Gia 
Maisashvili/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, John 
Neslage/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Lynnette Barnes/NA/Enron@Enron, 
Linda L Lawrence/NA/Enron@Enron, Earlene O'Connell/NA/Enron@Enron, Margo 
Reyna/NA/Enron@Enron
		 cc: Steven J Kean/NA/Enron@Enron, Melissa Becker/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Anthony 
Mends/Enron Communications@Enron Communications, George 
Wasaff/Enron@EnronXGate, Debbie R Brackett/HOU/ECT@ECT, Andrea 
Yowman/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Pegi Newhouse/HOU/AZURIX@AZURIX, Kathleen 
Pope-Sance/HOU/EES@EES, Bryan Powell/HOU/ECT@ECT, Beth Perlman/HOU/ECT@ECT, 
John Gillespie/Enron@EnronXGate
		 Subject: Request from Steve Kean - Information Management 

If you haven't already done so, please take a moment, today, to complete the 
questions below and forward them to Marie Hejka.  

More responses are needed for Marie to complete her project.

Thanks.

----- Forwarded by Marie Hejka/Corp/Enron on 01/08/2001 10:24 AM -----

	Marie Hejka
	12/21/2000 12:32 PM
		 
		 To: Ginger Dernehl/NA/Enron@Enron, James D Steffes/NA/Enron@Enron, Marcia A 
Linton/NA/Enron@Enron, Sue Nord/NA/Enron@Enron, Lara Leibman/NA/Enron@Enron, 
Xi Xi/Enron Communications@Enron Communications, Steve 
Montovano/NA/Enron@Enron, Chauncey Hood/NA/Enron@ENRON, Daniel 
Allegretti/NA/Enron@Enron, Howard Fromer/NA/Enron@Enron, Frank 
Rishe/NA/Enron@Enron, Tom Chapman/HOU/ECT@ECT, Janine Migden/NA/Enron@Enron, 
Barbara A Hueter/NA/Enron@Enron, Bill Moore/NA/Enron@Enron, Paul 
Kaufman/PDX/ECT@ECT, Lysa Akin/PDX/ECT@ECT, Susan J Mara/NA/Enron@ENRON, 
Marcie Milner/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Jean Ryall/NA/Enron@ENRON, Geriann 
Warner/NA/Enron@Enron, Robin Kittel/NA/Enron@Enron, Aleck Dadson/TOR/ECT@ECT, 
Robert Hemstock/CAL/ECT@ECT, Jeff Brown/NA/Enron@Enron, Tom 
Delaney/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Ron McNamara/NA/Enron@Enron, Damon 
Harvey/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Ricardo Charvel/NA/Enron@Enron, 
Kikumi Kishigami/NA/Enron@Enron, Lisa Yoho/NA/Enron@Enron, Linda J 
Noske/HOU/ECT@ECT, Maria Arefieva/NA/Enron@ENRON, Harry 
Kingerski/NA/Enron@Enron, Leslie Lawner/NA/Enron@Enron, Robert 
Neustaedter/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Rubena 
Buerger/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Linda Robertson/NA/Enron@ENRON, 
Chris Long/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Stephen D Burns/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Amy 
Fabian/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Allison Navin/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Germain 
Palmer/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Bernadette Hawkins/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Sarah 
Novosel/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Donna Fulton/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Charles 
Yeung/HOU/ECT@ECT, Jose Bestard/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Gisele S 
Braz/SA/Enron@Enron, Mike G Smith/NA/Enron@Enron, Guillermo 
Canovas/SA/Enron@Enron, Ray Alvarez/TRANSREDES@TRANSREDES, Alfonso 
Canedo/TRANSREDES@TRANSREDES, Luiz Maurer/SA/Enron@Enron, Jose Lucio 
Reis/SA/Enron@Enron, Valeria Lima/SA/Enron@Enron, Javier 
Pantoja/TRANSREDES@TRANSREDES, Sergio Assad/SA/Enron@Enron, Laurie 
Knight/NA/Enron@Enron, Michelle Belzak/TOR/ECT@ECT, Michael 
Terraso/OTS/Enron@ENRON, Laura Glenn/OTS/Enron@ENRON, Jeffrey 
Keeler/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Marc Phillips/OTS/Enron@ENRON, Susan 
Worthen/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Henry 
Van/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Kathy 
Mongeon/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Mary Schoen/NA/Enron@Enron, Jim 
Peterson/OTS/Enron@ENRON, Sandra Maldonado/Enron Communications@Enron 
Communications, Don Stevens/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Donnie 
Willmann/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Paul Newman/Corp/Enron@Enron, 
Helen Rizzo/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Scott 
Reblitz/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Edith 
Terry/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Cheryl 
Ingstad/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENt, Mark Palmer/Corp/Enron@ENRON, 
Cindy Derecskey/Corp/Enron@Enron, Karen Denne/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Ann M 
Schmidt/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Jeannie Mandelker/HOU/ECT@ECT, Mary 
Clark/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Vance Meyer/NA/Enron@ENRON, Laura 
Schwartz/Corp/Enron@Enron, Dennis Vegas/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, 
Michael B Rosen/HOU/ECT@ECT, Margaret Allen/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Brandon 
Rigney/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Rodney Reagor/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Marge 
Nadasky/HOU/ECT@ECT, Jackie Gentle/LON/ECT@ECT, Tracy Ralston/EU/Enron@ENRON, 
Fiona Grant/LON/ECT@ECT, Eva Hoeffelman/LON/ECT@ECT, Iona 
Maclean/LON/ECT@ECT, Marianne Boubaki/LON/ECT@ECT, Andrew 
Morrison/LON/ECT@ECT, Bill Donovan/EPSC/HOU/ECT@ECT, Billie 
Akhave/EPSC/HOU/ECT@ECT, Steve Woods/EPSC/HOU/ECT@ECT, Lance 
McCarthy/EPSC/HOU/ECT@ECT, Richard Fruge/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, Dawn 
Fournier/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Nina Garcia/EPSC/HOU/ECT@ECT, 
Tiko Reynolds/EPSC/HOU/ECT@ECT, Betsy Raybon/EPSC/HOU/ECT@ECT, Susan 
Bulgawicz/EPSC/HOU/ECT@ECT, Georgeanna Hoiseth/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Sarah 
Clark/EPSC/HOU/ECT@ECT, Tara Soyal/EPSC/HOU/ECT@ECT, Brenda 
Anderson/NA/Enron@Enron, Harry Grubbs/EPSC/HOU/ECT@ECT, Patti 
Ucci/EPSC/HOU/ECT@ECT, Deborah Bubenko/EPSC/HOU/ECT@ECT, Janelle 
Duree/HOU/ECT@ECT, Carole Rogers/EPSC/HOU/ECT@ECT, Richard 
Hensch/EPSC/HOU/ECT@ECT, Bonnie Allen/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, 
Mark Schroeder/LON/ECT@ECT, Beverley Ashcroft/LON/ECT@ECT, Kyran 
Hanks/LON/ECT@ECT, Amber Keenan/LON/ECT@ECT, Paul Hennemeyer/LON/ECT@ECT, 
Viviana Florio/FRA/ECT@ECT, Amber Keenan/LON/ECT@ECT, Thomas van 
Gilst/LON/ECT@ECT, Alfredo Huertas/LON/ECT@ECT, David X 
Gonzalez/NA/Enron@ENRON, Justyna Ozegalska/WAR/ECT@ECT, Paul Dawson/Govt. 
Affairs/LON/ECT@ECT, Stephen Jones/LON/ECT@ECT, Christopher J Day/Govt. 
Affairs/LON/ECT@ECT, Kerryann Irwin/LON/ECT@ECT, Peter Styles/LON/ECT@ECT, 
Nailia Dindarova/LON/ECT@ECT, Doug Wood/LON/ECT@ECT, David 
Merrill/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Mike 
Dahlke/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Jane Wilson/Enron@Gateway, June 
Fernandes/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Amr 
Ibrahim/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Elizabeth 
Labanowski/EPSC/HOU/ECT@ECT, Richard Shapiro/NA/Enron@Enron, Margaret 
Carson/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Joan Stransky/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Gia 
Maisashvili/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, John 
Neslage/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Lynnette Barnes/NA/Enron@Enron, 
Linda L Lawrence/NA/Enron@Enron, Earlene O'Connell/NA/Enron@Enron, Margo 
Reyna/NA/Enron@Enron
		 cc: Steven J Kean/NA/Enron@Enron, Melissa Becker/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Anthony 
Mends/Enron Communications@Enron Communications, George 
Wasaff/Enron@EnronXGate, Debbie R Brackett/HOU/ECT@ECT, Andrea 
Yowman/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Pegi Newhouse/HOU/AZURIX@AZURIX, Kathleen 
Pope-Sance/HOU/EES@EES, Bryan Powell/HOU/ECT@ECT, Beth Perlman/HOU/ECT@ECT, 
John Gillespie/Enron@EnronXGate
		 Subject: Information Management - A Steve Kean sponsored initiative

Per Steve Kean's direction, Enron has commissioned a small task force team to 
1) Implement a yahoo-like web entry point (portal) to Enron's universe of 
intranets, external search tools and extranet sites, 2) Develop a 
pilot/prototype of a qualitative data retrieval tool and 3) Document a 
proposed strategy for Knowledge Management/Information Management.  I am 
currently chairing this task force and I need your input to enable the team 
to gather information about what content should be accessible from a website.

Below are a few questions which I would like your input. Please take a few 
minutes to provide your input and return your thoughts to my attention no 
later than Thursday, January 4th.

Thank you for your time and support
Marie Hejka

 What internal and external web pages or web sites do you access most 
frequently from your pc?  Please be specific (see examples).  

Intranet (e.g., eHRonline time entry)    _Enron 
homepage_____________________________________________________________

external web sites (e.g., NASDAQ)    __Yahoo stock quotes and news 
services____________________________________________________________

What internal and external (Enron and third party) tools and information do 
you access most frequently from your pc? Please be specific, give examples

transaction systems (e.g., SAP accounts
 payable)      _____No 
access_________________________________________________________

databases (e.g., Global Counterparty)        
______________________________________________________________

Microsoft products (e.g., Word, Excel)   ______Excel, Power Poin and 
Word__________________________________________________

other      ______________________________________________________________ 

Which of these do you wish were easier to access/launch?   Why? 
______________________________________________________________________________
_______________________________________________________________

 What tools or information do you need that you currently do not have?  Or, 
you do not have easy access to?__eHRonline  most of the people in the Mexico 
Operation do not have acces because of administrative and password problems