Subject: Stockholm statement
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 09:11:00 -0800 (PST)

Steve - FYI, as discussed lst week, here is the statement we are issuing on 
the so-called acceleration directives being considered in Stockholm this 
week.  I suggested using Ken/Jeff/john Sherriff as the quoted, laudatory 
official in the company, but the view seems to be that if we quote them, they 
have to be up to speed to respond to other press inquiries, i.e., subsequent 
inquiries cannot be deflected to more junior people like Peter or me.  Any 
way, both an explanation of why we did not use Ken or Jeff, and fyi, what we 
actually said is contained in the attached.   let me know if you have 
questions or need more.  mcs    
---------------------- Forwarded by Mark Schroeder/LON/ECT on 21/03/2001 
17:12 ---------------------------

Eva Hoeffelman
21/03/2001 17:05
To: [email-masked]
cc: Eric Shaw/LON/ECT@ECT, Jackie Gentle/LON/ECT@ECT, Mark 
Schroeder/LON/ECT@ECT, Peter Styles/LON/ECT@ECT, Fiona Grant/LON/ECT@ECT, 
Andrew Morrison/LON/ECT@ECT, Julie Green/LON/ECT@ECT, Tracy 
Ralston/EU/Enron@ENRON, [email-masked], 
[email-masked], Doug Wood/LON/ECT@ECT, Paul Hennemeyer/LON/ECT@ECT, 
Ross Sankey/LON/ECT@ECT, Paul Dawson/Govt. Affairs/LON/ECT@ECT, Alfredo 
Huertas/LON/ECT@ECT, Thor Lien/OSL/ECT@ECT, Philip Davies/LON/ECT@ECT, 
Andreas Radmacher/FRA/ECT@ECT, Gregor Baumerich/LON/ECT@ECT, Teun Van 
Biert/LON/ECT@ECT, Paul Mead/LON/ECT@ECT 

Subject: Stockholm statement

Laura, 
Please find attached the final version of the statement re the Stockholm 
meeting approved by regulatory and legal.

As we discussed and per your memo below, please send this tonight to all the 
Brussels correspondents Peter spoke to (or established a relationship with) 
in the last few months re European energy liberalisation including Patrick 
Cox of Bloomberg (today), Philip Shiskin from the WSJ last Monday and Daniel 
Dombey from the FT last week.  Peter covered most of these points already 
today in his Bloomberg interview (France and Germany in particular were not 
really touched upon).

We will also use it on a reactive basis for when correspondents contact you 
there in Brussels, us here in London, C&W in Frankfurt and GK in Oslo. Please 
let us know any enquiries you might receive before sending out the statement.

Many thanks

Eva

ps For those who want to see an overview of the current status of our 
Brussels/Pan-European media relations programme, please see the attached memo 
(stockholm statem-distribut list.doc).