Subject: ED Holland visit on June 6
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 09:27:00 -0700 (PDT)

Jim Steffes asked me to develop some talking points for your meeting with Ed 
Holland on June 6.   Attached is a short list of talking points that cover 
the high level issues we have with Southern at this point and some key 
questions we would like answered.  

I have also attached a background paper on the key Southern personnel we deal 
with on the RTO, including Ed Holland.  This paper also discusses some of the 
major positions Southern has taken that you should be aware of for your 
meeting.

In addition, I have attached a chronology of the SE Trans development that 
gives you a quick overview of the major steps that have taken place, 
including those in starting a collaborative group for both SE Trans and 
GridSouth.

When Ed requested the meeting with you, he knew I was discussing a meeting 
between Enron and two of his key executives concerning the SE Trans 
development.  My best guess is that he is coming to see you about the 
activities of the collaborative group we are working with.

I am sure I have told you more about Southern than you wanted to know, but If 
you have any questions about this information or would like to discuss any of 
it, please call me (205-516-4591).