Subject: Statements on India Actions
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2001 05:58:00 -0700 (PDT)

I have just learned that the information on our declaring political force 
majeure for the Phase II testing issue was premature.  We have not made the 
declaration and, assuming it happens, it probably won't occur before late 
morning India time tomorrow.  Consequently, please keep this information 
Extremely confidential.  Scott, I know you will need to talk with Mark 
Koenig, but otherwise ask that we not discuss this with anyone outside this 
group.

Thanks,

John
---------------------- Forwarded by John Ambler/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT on 
04/04/2001 12:50 PM ---------------------------

John Ambler
04/04/2001 11:41 AM
To: Scott Vonderheide@Enron
cc: Steven J Kean/NA/Enron@Enron, Mark Palmer@ENRON, Karen Denne@ENRON, Johan 
Zaayman/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT 

Subject: Statements on India Actions

Scott, 

Per our discussion, attached are the statements relating to our recent 
actions in India.  They include GoI conciliation and arbitration notice, 
exercising GoM guarantees for January bill and accumulated "clean" interest, 
and declaration of political force majeure (PFM) over Phase II testing.  We 
expect press coverage on all of these item.  However, I am not sure that they 
have picked up on the PFM declaration, so I would appreciate your not 
proactively using the statement until we confirm that the information is out 
on this issue.   As the issues and our legal actions unfold I will continue 
to keep you informed.  As you know, we are trying to keep this information 
extremely tight until we have taken action.

Thanks,

John