Subject: NHK Interview Briefing
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 00:17:00 -0800 (PST)

Steve -- Here is background for the Japan Public TV interview on Thursday 
morning.  Per your request, I asked Nick and Mika for the information and got 
this back from Mika on behalf of both.  It's a pretty comprehensive memo, and 
I know you're busy, but it appears to be a lot of Japan perspective that you 
could benefit from going in.

Vance

----- Forwarded by Vance Meyer/NA/Enron on 01/31/2001 08:10 AM -----

	Mika Watanabe
	01/31/2001 04:12 AM
		
		 To: Vance Meyer/NA/Enron@ENRON
		 cc: Nicholas O'Day/AP/Enron@Enron, Jackie Gentle/LON/ECT@ECT
		 Subject: NHK Interview Briefing

Vance,
I attached a briefing material for Steve which contained major soundbites, 
key messages and some Japan-related issues that may be relevant for the NHK 
interview. Some points in this material overlap with the Nikkei briefing 
material which Nick gave to Steve two weeks ago. I have refrained from 
including some bullet points on our activities in Japan, because Joseph Hirl, 
Enron Japan President and CEO, did an interview with NHK yesterday for the 
same program. NHK's interview with Steve would likely focus on California, 
because many of its questions on Enron Japan's businesses here were answered 
by Joe. NHK plans to combine Steve and Joe's interviews for the same program. 
If you have any questions, please call me at 813-5219-4581 tomorrow morning 
our time or Wednesday afternoon your time.

best regards,
Mika

From: Vance Meyer on 01/30/2001 05:14 PM CST
To: Nicholas O'Day/AP/Enron@Enron, Mika Watanabe/AP/Enron@Enron
cc:  

Subject: URGENT REQUEST

Steve Kean will be interviewing with Japanese Public Television on Thursday 
morning to complement the work that has already been done on this project in 
Japan.  Steve is being asked to talk about deregulation, specifically the 
lessons learned from the California crisis and how Japan might do it 
differently.

Steve asked me to contact both of you regarding

Common messages being emphasized on the Japan end.
Any difficult issues to be aware of, such as biases the network might bring 
to this topic or potentially unanticipated questions that we might encounter.
Also, Steve didn't ask for this, but it might be helpful if you could send a 
few bullet points on our current activity, intentions and progress in Japan.

Thank you very much.  Again, I'll need it today (your time) if possible as 
the interview is Thursday morning Houston time.

Vance Meyer
Director, Media Relations
713 345 4459