Subject: Business Council
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 05:23:00 -0800 (PST)

Thanks for your voice  mail message.  We are in good shape.    Phil Cassidy 
has been talking with each speaker's scheduler about tentative times and 
asking them to pencil in slots, pending an OK from Ken on our strategy.  So 
discussions have been happening.  Here's where we are with the penciled 
schedule:

8:00 Evans--tentative agreement
8:30 Lindsey--tentative agreement
9:00 Abraham---accepted but asking for slot at 10 or later
9:30 Whitman--tentative agreement, but we may move her to 9:00 if Abraham has 
to go in later slot
10:00 Break
10:15  Open Slot
10:45  Greenspan--tentative agreement and he is NOT asking that press attend
11:15   Open Slot, but we could lengthen time for Greenspan if needed

Unresolved invites:  POTUS, Rumsfeld, and Powell.   

Phil is going to hold off further calls pending a report on Ken's calls to 
Card, Powell and Rumsfeld.    He does need to distribute an agenda on Tuesday 
and would like to lock in this schedule soon thereafter.  For the Tuesday 
agenda, he is going to list (without time slots) the speakers from whom we 
have acceptances and list invitees.  So if we can get to Phil the results of 
Ken's call to include in the Tuesday agenda, that would be great. 

He will rework/change the above schedule in light of what we hear on the 
outstanding invites.   O'Neill, at the moment, cannot do the 22nd.  Phil is 
talking to his scheduler about attendance on the evening of the 21st, which 
looks promising.  The discussion is centered on his serving as a backup for 
POTUS.   Also, we have heard nothing from Zoellick and we are not calling to 
push the invite.