Subject: New Optimism
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 04:52:00 -0700 (PDT)

----- Forwarded by Cynthia Sandherr/Corp/Enron on 10/27/2000 11:51 AM -----

	[email-masked]
	10/27/2000 11:43 AM
		 
		 To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], 
[email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], 
[email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], 
[email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], 
[email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], 
[email-masked], [email-masked]
		 cc: 
		 Subject: New Optimism

A number of new positive developments last night.   Senator Gramm is actively 
engaged and his issues are being aggressively negotiated.  There remain a 
number of outstanding points but there is good cooperation with the 
Administration to get this done.  Senator Gramm has been contacted by a 
number of people including members of our Energy Group and Alan Greenspan 
urging passage of the bill.  This clearly has had an impact.  Senator Gramm 
appears committed, and he and his Staff are very focused.

With respect to physical commodities, our issues remain essentially untouched 
from the House bill.  I expect that this is where we will be if the 
legislation gets passed. It looks now like Congress will be in next week, 
perhaps until Thursday.  While this is painful, it does give them more time 
to work out unresolved issues.

I will continue to keep you apprised.

----------------------------------

This e-mail is sent by a law firm and contains information
that may be privileged and confidential. If you are not the
intended recipient, please delete the e-mail and notify us
immediately.