Subject: Re: CFTC Reauthorization
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 05:30:00 -0700 (PDT)

Actually, I think the possibility of passage of the bill is relatively high 
as these things go. I don't think that the CFTC has much clout on Capitol 
Hill and now even less in light of the Treasury position.  We should work as 
hard as we can to get this done because another opportunity may not come 
along.  Obviously we will know more in September and a visit by you to 
Washington could be very helpful.

>>> <[email-masked]> 08/11 10:27 AM >>>

Do you think that a bill favorable to energy will be passed over the strong
opposition of the CFTC?  What kind of odds do you put on it?  It is a
significant change if Treasury is not longer against us -- but it is a little
hard for me to believe that it is real.  Should I try to make a trip to
Washington in September?  Let me know.

Mark Haedicke

----------------------------------

This e-mail is sent by a law firm and contains information
that may be privileged and confidential. If you are not the
intended recipient, please delete the e-mail and notify us
immediately.