Subject: NDN Homeland Security Conference Call-Monday, Oct. 29
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 13:41:02 -0700 (PDT)

<<...>> 

The New Democrat Network invites 
its members to join us for a

CONFERENCE CALL DISCUSSION OF HOMELAND SECURITY

featuring

THE HONORABLE ASHTON B. CARTER
A leading expert on homeland defense who will give us a better 
understanding of the challenges ahead in protecting against 
future terrorist attacks

Current Advisor to the U.S. Department of Defense and former 
Assistant Secretary of Defense for International Security 
Policy under President Clinton

Professor at Harvard's Kennedy School of Government and 
Co-Director of the Harvard-Stanford Preventative Defense 
Project which focuses on emerging threats to the United States 
such as nuclear, chemical, and biological weapons

Author of Preventative Defense: A New Security Strategy for 
America (with former Defense Secretary William J. Perry) which 
former National Security Advisor Gen. Brent Scowcroft called 
"An essential guide to the critical choices that must be made 
as America rethinks potential threats to national security."

MONDAY, OCTOBER 29th, 2001
11:30 AM - 12:00 NOON EST
Call in time: 11:20 AM

Presentation to be followed by question and answer period

INVITATION ONLY - SPACES ARE LIMITED

To register for this call, email Stephanie Dorko by 5:00 pm 
Thursday Oct. 25th 
at [email-masked]  and say you would like to participate.  
She will respond with the conference call phone number and code.

Find out more about what New Democrats in Congress and around 
the nation are doing to address terrorism -- sign up for NDN 
News at www.newdem.org/ndnnews or visit www.newdem.org 

Contributions to the New Democrat Network are not tax deductible.
Paid for by the New Democrat Network.