Subject: Emails/Transition relative to Cynthia Sandherr
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2000 17:18:00 -0700 (PDT)

Michelle, please note that among several files that I have had delivered to 
you upon my departure from Enron, please refer to the file on Cynthia 
Sandherr.  It contains documentation from conversations and specific 
situations that ocurred during my 3+ years as HR Rep for Govt Affairs.  As 
the data is very sensitive and confidential, please let Constance if you have 
not received it.

I have now cleared all my emails and have no more hard copies to pass along.  
Feel free to call me, even when I get to Dynegy should you have any 
questions!  Constance has all my contact information.  After tonight my 
access will be disconnected to the system.  My personal email address is:  
[email-masked].

Take care.  

---------------------- Forwarded by Gwendolyn Petteway/HR/Corp/Enron on 
10/01/2000 11:23 PM ---------------------------

Gwendolyn Petteway
05/23/2000 03:37 PM
To: Cynthia Sandherr/Corp/Enron@ENRON
cc:  

Subject: Follow-up

Steve is traveling (abroad) until Friday, 5/26.  Unfortunately I will not be 
able to provide him my data until Friday afternoon.  Sorry for the delay.  
Please contact me as I have further clarification from Compensation regarding 
stock options.
---------------------- Forwarded by Gwendolyn Petteway/HR/Corp/Enron on 
10/01/2000 11:23 PM ---------------------------

Gwendolyn Petteway
06/02/2000 02:38 PM
To: Cynthia Sandherr/Corp/Enron@ENRON
cc: Constance Charles/HR/Corp/Enron@ENRON 

Subject: Re: Follow-up  

Cynthia, I apologize for the delay.  I will ask Constance to arrange for a 
conference call for Monday, June 5.  

   

	From:  Cynthia Sandherr                           06/02/2000 01:41 PM

To: Cindy Olson/Corp/Enron@ENRON
cc: Gwendolyn Petteway/HR/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Joe Hillings/Corp/Enron@ENRON 

Subject: Follow-up

Cindy:  As you recall, Steve Kean, Gwen Petteway, you and I met in Houston on 
May 15th to discuss my job at Enron.  It was my understanding that I would 
receive some response from the company within a week or so after our 
meeting.  Gwen has updated me as to the reasons for the response delay due to 
key executives being on vacation, but regardless I was led to believe I would 
have heard some response around May 24th.  I am getting concerned and would 
like to know the company's position.

In addition, the Performance Review Process has begun for my group and is to 
conclude by June 14th.  I have spoken to Gwen as to my concerns as to whether 
I should participate in this review process.  Although I did not select them 
to review me, both Steve Kean and Rick Shapiro have informed by boss, Joe 
Hillings, or their intentions to review me.  Given the concerns raised by me 
about them during our meeting and concerns expressed to others about them on 
previous occasions,  I have grave reservations as to their ability to provide 
an objective review of my performance.

I welcome the opportunity to discuss this with you further.  My number is 
202-466-9143.  Many thanks.

---------------------- Forwarded by Gwendolyn Petteway/HR/Corp/Enron on 
10/01/2000 11:23 PM ---------------------------

Gwendolyn Petteway
06/20/2000 08:19 PM
To: Cynthia Sandherr/Corp/Enron@ENRON
cc:  

Subject: Conference Call

Are you available to talk with me either Thursday (6/22) or Friday a.m (6/23)?
---------------------- Forwarded by Gwendolyn Petteway/HR/Corp/Enron on 
10/01/2000 11:23 PM ---------------------------

Gwendolyn Petteway
06/27/2000 02:24 PM
To: Cynthia Sandherr/Corp/Enron@ENRON
cc: Cindy Olson/Corp/Enron@ENRON 

Subject: Re: Career Advancement  

Hi Cynthia.  Can you give me idea as to when the House and Senate mark-ups of 
the electricity bill take place?  I am trying to determine the timeframe in 
which you want to respond to Steve.

   

	From:  Cynthia Sandherr                           06/22/2000 05:51 PM

To: Cindy Olson/Corp/Enron@ENRON
cc: Gwendolyn Petteway/HR/Corp/Enron@ENRON, [email-masked] 

Subject: Career Advancement

Dear Cindy:

 It occurred to me that I should share some addition thoughts and concerns 
with you regarding my situation.

 First and foremost, as I tried to make clear during our recent meeting with 
Steve Kean, it is my desire to stay with the company.  I have invested over 
10 years with Enron and feel that I have made substantial contributions to 
its success.  However, I continue to be frustrated over the fact that I have 
been demoted and that  there has been no response to or acknowledgement of my 
application for Joe Hillings' position.  If I am, in fact , not going to be 
considered for the position, I believe I am owed the courtesy of knowing that.

 I would also argue that I have made significant progress in addressing the 
"communication issues" that have of recent concern to Steve.  I have had a 
number of productive sessions with Jocelyne Gessner, Ph.D. of Personnel 
Decisions International on successful executive relations and management, and 
she informs me that, in her view, my "deficiencies" as perceived by Steve in 
that area may have been overstated.  Dr. Gessner has made numerous attempts 
to call Steve to discuss my progress in a tripartite conversation and he has 
not been responsive.  While I recognize that Steve is extremely busy, it 
seems to me that if he, as he stated during our meeting, really wants me to 
stay with the company, he would make it a point to determine if the issues of 
his concern were being addressed.  If he is not interested in garnering 
feedback about my sessions, one could reasonably conclude that the perceived 
"communications problem" is merely a pretext.

 It also continues to concern me that the restructuring of the Washington 
office has been done without any written changes to my job description.  Many 
people within Enron with whom I have had a long-standing relationship 
continue to ask me for lobbying assistance on various issues because they 
have been satisfied with the results that I have obtained for them in the 
past.  Because some of those issues are now not my primary or secondary area 
of responsibility,  per the new organizational chart, I have been compelled 
to refer those inquiries and requests to others.  In doing so, I fear that 
this could create a misperception that I am unwilling to provide customer 
service to others in the company.  I am sure that you would agree this could, 
in the long run, hurt my chances for increased compensation and advancement.

 The present legislative activity on a number of high-profile Enron 
legislative issues, including the company's top priority of electricity 
restructuring, has precluded me from formally responding to Steve's 
separation offer.  While I recognize that it was made in good faith and that 
it provides a basis for further discussions, I would like to respond after 
the House and Senate mark-ups of the electricity bill take place.

 In the meantime, I would welcome any guidance or suggestions that you might 
have, and I greatly appreciate your interest in my situation.

     Cynthia 

---------------------- Forwarded by Gwendolyn Petteway/HR/Corp/Enron on 
10/01/2000 11:23 PM ---------------------------

Gwendolyn Petteway
07/12/2000 04:41 PM
To: Cynthia Sandherr/Corp/Enron@ENRON
cc:  

Subject: Follow-up

I received your voicemail and have communicated to Steve Kean that you will 
respond to us the 3rd or 4th week in this month (July).  Call me when you get 
a chance.
---------------------- Forwarded by Gwendolyn Petteway/HR/Corp/Enron on 
10/01/2000 11:23 PM ---------------------------

Gwendolyn Petteway
09/05/2000 01:54 PM
To: Steven J Kean/NA/Enron@Enron
cc:  

Subject: Cynthia Sandherr

I spoke to Cynthia last week and I would like to pass along her comments.  
Are you available to meet this week?  If not, I will put the comments in a 
confidential email to you.  Thanks.

Sorry I missed you and Mrs, Kean at Charlene's Housewarming.  I arrived 
around 9:45pm.  
---------------------- Forwarded by Gwendolyn Petteway/HR/Corp/Enron on 
10/01/2000 11:23 PM ---------------------------

Gwendolyn Petteway
09/08/2000 08:32 PM
To: Cynthia Sandherr/Corp/Enron@ENRON
cc:  

Subject: Follow-up with Steve Kean

Cynthia, 

Steve and I met earlier today.  Call me next week when you get the 
opportunity.  Talk to you soon.