Subject: Action Plan - Alberta Pricing Issues
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 11:29:00 -0800 (PST)

Further to our conference call this afternoon, our plan is to proceed as 
follows:

1) Hemstock/Dadson to contact Tom McLaren at Government Policy Consultants to 
obtain advice on process to arrange meeting between senior Enron Executives 
and Klein, West, and Cardinal.  The meeting would be to discuss steps being 
taken by the Alberta Government to address electricity pricing concerns.  We 
intend to have GPC make the request on Tuesday Nov 13 with a view to the 
request itself attracting attention of senior government officials.

2) Hemstock/Keohane to instruct Blake Cassels & Graydon to prepare letter to 
Maury Parsons, Chairman of the Power Pool Council that communicates Enron's 
concern that  approval of the rule changes proposed would offend the 
obligations of the PPC under the EUA and request PPC to entertain stakeholder 
input on these fundamental changes prior to approval, failing which we expect 
Enron would proceed with legal action.  The letter would indicate Enron's 
preliminary concerns with the proposed rule changes and express a need to 
more fully consider the impact of the proposed changes.  The letter will also 
emphasize that Enron is willing to work with the Power Pool to review the 
experience in other jurisdicitions with similar rule changes and present 
other options designed to address the concerns of the Power Pool respecting 
Alberta electricity pricing.   Seabron Adamson and Derek Davies/John Zufferli 
will provide input on substantive concerns with the proposed rule changes.

3) Hemstock/Milnthorp to call Lorry Wilson, CEO of Power Pool, Dale McMaster 
COO Power Pool, Maury Parsons, Chairman, Power Pool Council, and Ron George, 
Power Pool Council Member prior to Blakes letter being sent to express 
Enron's procedural and substantive concerns with the proposed rule change.    

4) Hemstock/Milnthorp to contact the following group of generation developers 
and encourage them to immediately contact Power Pool Council members to 
express concern with substance of these rule changes and the process under 
which they are being effected:
 i) Rick Kline - Chairman, Independent Power Producers Society of Alberta 
(Hemstock);
 ii) Dick Way - Vice-President, Regulatory Affairs, TransAlta (Hemstock);
 iii) Gary Bauer - President, Atco Power (Milnthorp);
 iv) Mike Broadfoot - President, Engage Energy (Milnthorp);
 v) Karl Johanson - Vice President, TransCanada Energy (Hemstock).

5) Hemstock/Dadson to request GPC and Enron Public Affairs consider 
media/government relations strategy, including potential Project Stanley 
impact, if Enron does proceed with legal action on this issue. 

Please advise if you have additional points that should be in the action plan 
that I have not been captured.

Regards,

Rob