Subject: Energy Services and E-Commerce
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 06:23:00 -0800 (PST)

Scott: Steve Kean and I discussed a conversation that Tom Gros had with him 
regarding assistance relating to the WTO. You will recall that Carla Hills 
and Company is providing assistance to the US WTO Energy Services Coalition 
and I raised the issue of e-commerce with Bob Fisher of that company this 
morning. He was kind enough to send the attached paper which will of of 
interest to you.

I also spoke with Allan Miller of EDS who is leading the Coalition of Service 
Industries e-commerce effort and he briefed me on several WTO related matters 
likely to be considered during the three or so years of upcoming 
negotiations. I believe several of those issues especially the desire of the 
US e-commerce industry to fight efforts by the Europeans to restrict 
cross-border committments, add costly regulation (the US e-commerce industry 
opposes regulation but does want to have services addressed) and achieve 
technical neutrality are potentilly important to ECI.

Allen is also sending me a paper that I will forward to you.

You were good to introduce us to Steve Miller of your Washington, DC law firm 
group who is experienced in global regulatory and trade developments. He sent 
us both several e-mails but I (for fear of running up legal bills 
unnecessarily) but I have never responded nor asked him to get involved.

We plan to have an addition to our Washington staff in January or February of 
an executive who can address these matters globally.

After you or your ECI collegues reviews the various papers, I would be 
pleased to review your priorities relating to WTO.

Regards,

Joe
---------------------- Forwarded by Joe Hillings/Corp/Enron on 11/15/99 02:09 
PM ---------------------------

"Robert C. Fisher" <[email-masked]> on 11/15/99 02:31:56 PM
To: Joe Hillings/Corp/Enron@ENRON
cc:  

Subject: Energy Services and E-Commerce

Joe -- per our discussion this morning, attached are papers we gave to
Bill Thomas's staff related to energy services and e-commerce.  Our
understanding is that Mr. Thomas plans to circulate the materials to
other members.

If there is anything we can do to help you on e-commerce, just let us
know.

Regards -- Bob

 - Environment-energy~services~paper~11-99.doc
 - E-commerce~paper~11-99.doc