Subject: Re:
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 10:19:00 -0800 (PST)

I think this is something we should consider.  I'm asking Rob to look into it.

	"Gilbert R. Whitaker, Jr." <[email-masked]>
	11/16/2000 02:06 PM
		 
		 To: [email-masked]
		 cc: [email-masked]
		 Subject: 

Steve -

As you may know, Murray Weidenbaum, former Chair of the Council of Economic 
Advisors, and Professor of Economics at Washington University in St. Louis 
will be the Ken Lay Vinson &Elkins Visiting Scholar at the Jones School for 
the period January to May 2001. As he is on sabbatical from Washington 
University, he will have no teaching requirements of us but has offered to 
give some talks around and about for us.

Since Ken Lay once worked for Murray when Murray was Assistant Secretary of 
the Treasury, I wondered if Enron might be interested in jointly sponsoring 
a breakfast or luncheon talk by Murray sometime after the first of the 
year. He is giving a major address to the Detroit Economic Club in Janurary 
and I suspect that he will have the basis for a great talk in Houston as well.

In any event because of the title he will hold and because of our many 
joint ventures, I wanted to begin the process of finding a partner in this 
endeavor.

Let me know what you think.

gil