Subject: white house writers group proposal
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 02:17:00 -0800 (PST)

Mo - please set up a call
----- Forwarded by Steven J Kean/NA/Enron on 12/11/2000 10:16 AM -----

	Daniel Casse <[email-masked]>
	12/05/2000 05:42 PM
		 
		 To: <[email-masked]>
		 cc: <[email-masked]>
		 Subject: white house writers group proposal

Dear Steve:

I have given some thought to the ideas you and I discussed regarding a 
website to promote a light-hearted view of some of the more absurd activities 
of the anti-deregulation and monopoly forces in the electricity battle.

I think my White House Writers Group colleague Michael Long would love to 
take this on.  He has an eclectic background: he spent considerable time as a 
stand-up comedian, then did a tour as the speechwriter for Tennessee senator 
Fred Thompson.  He recently had a terrific piece in the Weekly Standard 
taking the air out of Herblock, the Washington Post editorial cartoonist.

(His bio is on our website: 
http://www.whwg.com/Firm/WritersBio.cfm?StaffId=19. )  

Mike has excellent instincts for and knowledge of free market ideas, and has 
expressed them quite effectively for a number of our clients, including 
high-profile CEOs and a couple of presidential candidates.  I believe he 
could very quickly get up to speed on your issues and produce the kind of 
humorous stuff you have in mind.  I would work closely with him to make sure 
we were getting the issues right.

I propose that we begin the effort by letting Michael "loose" on the 
material.  He could get familiar with the ongoing issues in California and 
elsewhere, then come up with some preliminary material, including a few 
suggestions of how we should format it for a website

If you think he has the hang of it, we could have a longer discussion about 
how to create a permanent website and let Michael regularly write and update 
the material.  

December is typically a slow month for us and it would be a good time to give 
this a try.  Let me know what you think.  I?d be happy to set up a call with 
the three of us.

I enjoyed finally meeting you face to face at Enron and hope we can continue 
to work together.

Best,

Daniel

-- 
Daniel Casse
White House Writers Group
615-297-5999
615-297-5908 (fax)