Subject: Department of Commerce Advisory Committee
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 05:20:00 -0800 (PST)

Paul:

Attached please find Cynthia Sandherr's memo for the Department of Commerce 
Advisory Committee, along with an attachment to the memo.  Please feel free 
to contact me at 202-466-9141 with any questions.  Thanks.

Allison Navin for Cynthia Sandherr

   - BCIU White Paper v.5.doc

----- Forwarded by Cynthia Sandherr/Corp/Enron on 01/16/2001 01:37 PM -----

	[email-masked]
	01/05/2001 05:48 PM
		 
		 To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], 
[email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], 
[email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], 
[email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], 
[email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], 
[email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], 
[email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], 
[email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], 
[email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], 
[email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], 
[email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], 
[email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], 
[email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], 
[email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], 
[email-masked], [email-masked], 
[email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
		 cc: 
		 Subject: Dept. of Commerce Advisory Committee

Dear Advisory Committee Member:

Thank you again for agreeing to serve on the Department of Commerce
Advisory Committee.

As we are in the process of developing transition materials for the U.S.
Department of Commerce, we would be very appreciative if you would consider
responding to the attached questions about the Department of Commerce.
Please feel free to address any additional issues that are not covered in
the questions.

Please send your response (as well as any other policy-related messages) to
me at:  [email-masked].  I have attached the questions as text
and as a Word format document.

The membership list is currently being finalized.  I will send you a
complete membership list as soon as it is available.

Thank you very much for your help.

Paul Scolese
202/513-7530 - direct
202/513-7540 - fax

       Discussion Question for Transition Advisory Committee Members
                          Department of Commerce

     The Department of Commerce considers broad range of issues in its role
as   the   lead   Department   in  promoting  trade,  economic  growth  and
technological  advancement.  These issues include:  Science and Technology,
Telecommunications,  International  Trade,  Export  Promotion,  Patent  and
Trademarks,   Economic   Development,   Competitiveness,  and  Oceanic  and
Atmospheric  Research.   With  this  information  in  mind, we ask that you
consider the following questions.

1.    Are  there  any critical issues handled by the Department of Commerce
that  you  believe might rise to the Presidential level for decision in the
first year of the new Administration?

2.   If a short list of issues facing the Department of Commerce were being
developed, what issues do you believe should be on that list?

3.    Are there any policy areas that have been neglected at the Department
of Commerce over the past eight years that need to be addressed?

4.    Are  there any management, administrative or organization issues that
need to be addressed?

5.    Are  there  any  significant  administrative  actions (organizational
changes,  executive  orders,  directives,  program letters, rulemakings, or
lawsuits) that should be reviewed early in the new Administration?

6.    Please  provide  any  other  information  on policy or administrative
issues you believe would be helpful.

(See attached file: DOC questions.doc)
 - DOC questions.doc