Subject: Re: Minister hain
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2001 02:54:00 -0800 (PST)

Paul - I will ask you to take the lead in preparing a one or two page 
briefing paper for Steve in anticipation of his meeting with Energy Minister 
Hain.  Plus, throw in the bio.  Steve will obviously need to be aware of 
status of Isle of Grain, Rassau, Severnside, NETA, relevance (or lack 
thereof) of California to England and Wales model (on this last point, Anna 
Wlker has asked me to prepare two memos for DTI on i) US energy policy under 
Republicans, and ii) California situation, so the latter memo will be vetted 
by Washington DC office, and will subsume most of the substance of relevance 
of California to England and Wales).  We should note that Hain is 
anti-nuclear (though he now denies it), very green, and thus, we will want 
Steve to at least talk about our views on climate change (which will paint us 
as not hewing to the typical US line), and why lagre-scale CCGT is not a bad 
thing (this is probably most important area, and one that will probably 
require some explanation for Steve, so he understands the context (irrational 
as it is) in which Hain is likely to see these types of projects.   thanks  
mcs  
---------------------- Forwarded by Mark Schroeder/LON/ECT on 27/01/2001 
10:52 ---------------------------
From: Steven J Kean@ENRON on 26/01/2001 14:21 CST
Sent by: Maureen McVicker@ENRON
To: Tom Briggs/NA/Enron@Enron
cc: Mark Schroeder/LON/ECT@ECT 

Subject: Re: Minister hain  

Yes Steve Kean will be able to come to DC for the Feb 6 mtg.  I will 
rearrange his calendar to make it work.  I will let you know his itinerary as 
soon as I have finalized it.

	Tom Briggs
	01/25/2001 12:55 PM
		 
		 To: Steven J Kean/NA/Enron@Enron, Maureen McVicker/NA/Enron@Enron
		 cc: 
		 Subject: Minister hain

Steve, 

If you are available, the new UK Energy Minister Peter hain has asked to meet 
with Enron at 3pm on 6 February here in our DC offices.  If you or another 
senior Enron official cannot make it or do not want to make it, please let me 
know ASAP as I will scratch the date from his diary.  Schroeder thought it 
would be useful for you to do it.