Subject: South America Announcement
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 06:52:00 -0800 (PST)

Rumors about Jim and Diomedes departure are widespread and they have asked 
that we distribute the following message to South America employees as soon 
as possible:

Memo to Enron South America:

We have decided to leave Enron to pursue other interests.  It has been a 
pleasure and honor to have worked with all of you over the past few years.  
We can be reached through the following numbers:

Jim Bannantine

email at [email-masked] 
phone at 55-11-247-4449
fax at 55-11-5548-5528

Diomedes Christodoulou

email at [email-masked]. 
phone at 44-207-823-9870
fax at  44-207-823-9871,  cel 713-539-6731

I have discussed with Steve Kean and we are comfortable with sending out this 
internal message, if you concur.  In addition, we expect that there will be 
local (South America) inquiries and perhaps international media inquiries 
about the resignations.   We plan to use the following statements for these 
audiences respectively.  

South America
I can confirm that Jim Bannantine and Diomedes Christodoulou have resigned 
from Enron to pursue other interests.  We wish them well in their new 
endeavors.  Both had begun the transfer over to other Enron's businesses 
several months ago, so the transition at Enron South America is already 
underway.  We have a strong management team in place and every confidence in 
their continuing ability to manage the business effectively.

International Media
I can confirm that (XXX(. resigned from Enron to pursue other interests. We 
wish him/them well in his/their new endeavors.  Over the past year Enron has 
decreased its emphasis on international infrastructure development, as the 
company continues to re-deploy its capital into newer, higher growth 
opportunities.  The transition to this new organizational structure already 
has been underway for several months.  In fact, we have a strong management 
team in place and every confidence in their ability to manage the business 
effectively.

Please let me know if you have any comments or concerns with this approach.  
I will call to confirm that this is acceptable to you.

John