Subject: Briefing for Ken Lay for meeting with MX Secretary of Energy
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 20:40:00 -0800 (PST)

Rick,

The briefing presentation has 4 sections, a one page introduction on the 
general situation plus a one page graphic summary on Mexico.  

An electricity section that describes the main policy issues in one page 
followed by a more detailed graphic discussion of the current industry 
situation and the reform proposal.

A gas section that describes the  main policy issues and the current price 
crisis in one and a half pages followed by a more detailed graphic discussion 
on current industry issues and proposed policy solutions.

An annex with the Bios of Secretary Martens and of Raul Muoz CEO of Pemex 
who might come to the meeting.  In the annex there is also some slides with 
economic information on Mexico.

Because of my discussion with Max I avoided talking about commercial issues 
specially about the Tex Mex deal which Max wants to keep in absolute secrecy 
for reasons beyond my knowledge.

I got a call today from Marten's office asking if the meeting could be at 
5:00 p.m. instead of at 5:30 p.m. because the Secretary has an appointment at 
the Westin at 6:15.  I told them I would check.

Please let me know if you need additional information.  I'll be at the EBS 
regulatory off-site in the morning and will stop by the office after that.

Best,

Ricardo