Subject: update on German Federal Cartel Office proceeding
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 03:24:00 -0800 (PST)

Rosalee - would you please pass along the short note below to Ken?   thanks  
Mark

Ken - just an update on our German Federal Cartel Office proceeding, after 
your conversation with Ulf Boge.  Our case has not yet been dismissed, and 
yesterday, took a turn for the better.  One of the two utilities, GVS, who 
had refused to shoulder their share of the cost of the economic study that 
was to produce a fair rate, has now agreed to pay their share, and it appears 
that the study will go forward, so we may still get the precedent we are 
looking for.  Apparently, they (GVS) may not have wished to be put in the 
position of being the "poster child" for why Negotiated Third Party Access 
does not work.  I will keep you updated on any further developments.  Thank 
you again for your intervention with Boge.  With the way things work in 
Germany, it would not be at all surprising, if after your conversation with 
Boge, the word got back to GVS that Enron's management at the highest level 
was focussing on this case, and that it should not be seen as a failure of 
the Cartel Office.  Mark Schroeder