Subject: Communicating California
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 07:23:00 -0800 (PST)

Steve, these are my ideas on how we should communicate our messages to 
employees:

Send an e-mail from Ken and Jeff (or maybe just Jeff) about the events in 
California and what we're doing about them.  This should be done right away.
During the next month or so while this is a hot issue, we could give updates 
in every issue of eBiz (that's every other week).
In April, we could follow up with an in-depth article in Enron Business (Vol. 
2 - April) about the issues in California and the status of all our 
deregulation efforts.  We could interview you, Rick and other key employees 
who have been actively involved.  It's been a year since we've done this.  
Hold a brown bag (hosted by you or Rick).  We could videotape the event and 
put it on IP-TV as well as offer copies of the video to employees who can't 
access IP-TV. 
ETV:  When an Enron executive testifies before the U.S. Senate or other 
government body, we could run it live, replay it after the event.  We already 
did this with your testimony a couple of weeks ago that was replayed on 
CSPAN-2.

What about India?  There is an article in eBiz (dated Feb. 16) but I'm sure 
there are lots of questions about the future of this project.  I plan to 
plant a question for Jeff at the employee meeting.  We could plant a question 
about California as well? 

You comments are welcome.

Mary