Subject: FW: Texas eComm 5.3.01 ePanel
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2001 02:55:00 -0700 (PDT)

Jean - please get in touch with Greg.
---------------------- Forwarded by Steven J Kean/NA/Enron on 04/20/2001 
03:15 PM ---------------------------
From: Greg Piper/ENRON@enronXgate on 04/19/2001 12:13 PM
To: Steven J Kean/NA/Enron@Enron
cc: Philippe A Bibi/ENRON@enronXgate 

Subject: FW: Texas eComm 5.3.01 ePanel

Enron is a member of the Texas eCommerce Association and they asked if we 
would provide a panelist this Thursday night the 3rd for the Texas 
deregulation panel.  

First, do you want anyone from your organization answering questions about 
Texas deregulation on this or any panel?  If it is OK with you if this sort 
of thing is done, who would the person be from your organization and can they 
do it next Thursday?

Sorry about the short notice, I just found out today.  I have not agreed to 
anyone, I said I would talk to you and try.

Your thoughts?

GP

 -----Original Message-----
From:  Colleen Headley <[email-masked]>@ENRON 
[mailto:IMCEANOTES-Colleen+20Headley+20+3Ccolleen+40texasecomm+2Eorg+3E+40ENRO
[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, April 19, 2001 12:00 PM
To: Piper, Greg
Cc: [email-masked]; Gary Thompson
Subject: Texas eComm 5.3.01 ePanel

Greg,
I just talked to Gary and he said you guys had a terrific meeting.
We are so glad to have Enron as a Cornerstone Member and look forward to 
working with you as one of our Advisory Board members.
As Gary mentioned, we are having our Houston ePanel on Thursday, May 3.  
Thanks so much for working on getting us the right person from Enron to be a 
panelist.  The details of the event are as follows:
----------------------------------------------------
5.3.01 ePanel!
eEnergy:  Evolving Trends in the Deregulation of the Electric Industry
The U.S. electric industry is undergoing a sea change in the way it delivers 
electricity to millions of households and businesses nationwide. The $220 
billion industry, which has been called the last great government-sanctioned 
monopoly, is slowly but surely being deregulated and opened to competition, 
giving consumers the power to choose their electricity provider in much the 
same way they choose telephone carriers.
Deregulation, now scheduled to occur on January 1, 2002, is coming to Texas 
and with it comes the power of choice for most Texans. Just like you can 
choose your phone or cable provider, you will soon be able to choose your 
electric provider. 
Panelists include:
Waters Davis, President, Reliant Energy Retail Services
Brett Perlman, Commissioner, Public Utilities Commission of Texas
Time:
4:45 ) 5:15 Private reception ) panelists, Texas eComm Members and media
5:30 ) 6:00 Check-In
6:00 ) 7:15 ePanel Discussion
7:15 -          Networking
----------------------------------------------------
Also, We were planning on hosting this event at Dynegy, however they are 
unable to accommodate our request due to scheduling conflicts that were 
unforseen.  We were hoping that Enron would consider hosting the event and 
allow us to use your auditorium in light of this new development.  Please let 
me know if this is a possibility.  Thanks for your consideration.
Colleen
Colleen Headley
Program Director
Texas eCommerce Association
512.305.0435