Subject: Incident reporting- PLL Labours
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 13 May 2001 23:25:00 -0700 (PDT)

Some activity at the Dabhol site.

Mike Hicks

----- Forwarded by Michael Hicks/EPSC/HOU/ECT on 05/14/2001 06:24 AM -----

	Chandrakant Brid@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT
	05/12/2001 11:15 AM
		 
		 To: Neil McGregor/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Wade 
Cline/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Sanjeev 
Khandekar/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Michael 
Hicks/EPSC/HOU/ECT@ECT, Kenneth Lambert/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, 
Sudhakar Ghatage/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Deepak 
Dogra/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Jimmy 
Mogal/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Grant 
Wilson/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Pratap 
Brid/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT
		 cc: [email-masked]
		 Subject: Incident reporting- PLL Labours

At about 1415 hrs  it was reported that PLL workers have stopped work in Cove 
area and have  assembled in large number. Security was moved in immediately. 
It was observed that  about 700 plus workers were assembled  and PLL staff 
was making efforts to talk to them. The workers however were not in receptive 
mood and had started walking towards the LNG Office.  The crowd was though 
peaceful  was in agitated  mind. The situation was explained to  Mr  Kenneth 
Lambert and Mr Sanjeev Khandekar and  the SRP and State Police was mobilised 
to stop the labour force from advancing towards LNG Office Complex. Mr 
Sanjeev Khandekar and PLL  Project Manager Mr Pankaj Jain addressed the crowd 
and listened to their grievances.
Labours stated that 
(a) When they asked details of the final settlement amount paid to them,  
they alleged that  the staff was  rude.
(b) The Provident Fund Slips did not bear any stamp/signature and did not 
appear to be authentic.

Mr Pankaj Jain explained that they would receive a Hindi translated copy in 
future and Provident Fund statements would bear a office seal and signature 
too. The labour force was later pacified and asked to return to work.

The security has been alerted to monitor the situation in labour camps and 
job sites.

Col  Brid