Subject: by July 4!
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 10:05:00 -0700 (PDT)

---------------------- Forwarded by Cynthia Sandherr/Corp/Enron on 04/27/2000 
06:12 PM ---------------------------

"Martin, Kim" <[email-masked]> on 04/27/2000 03:34:38 PM
To: Andrea Spring <[email-masked]>, Anthony Foti <[email-masked]>, 
Cynthia Sandherr <[email-masked]>, "Hubbard, Henry" 
<[email-masked]>, John Runyan <[email-masked]>, "Kevin 
O'Donovan" <[email-masked]>, Marc Yacker <[email-masked]>, "Mark 
Stultz (E-mail)" <[email-masked]>
cc:  

Subject: by July 4!

DJ Senate Energy Chairman Vows Elec Dereg Bill By July 4
Dow Jones News Service -- April 27, 2000  [Return to Headlines]
By Bryan Lee

WASHINGTON (Dow Jones)--The U.S. Senate Energy Committee will send
electricity reform legislation to the full Senate before July 4, Sen. Frank
Murkowski, R- Alaska, told reporters Thursday.

The committee chairman made the pledge after holding the last of three
legislative hearings to consider electric industry reform bills pending
before Congress.

Murkowski said the bill will focus on those issues the committee and
interested parties agree on. The next step for the committee will be to
develop a "spreadsheet" delineating those consensus issues.

"We'll have a bill out of committee before the fourth of July," Murkowski
said, when pressed for a timetable.

However, Senate Majority Leader Trent Lott, R-Miss., has offered no
assurances that he will make floor time available for debate of the measure,
Murkowski said.

The committee chairman said he has discussed the issue with Lott, and that
the leader would consider the issue once the committee has indeed reported
out a bill.

-By Bryan Lee, Dow Jones Newswires, 202-862-6647, [email-masked]

(END) DOW JONES NEWS 04-27-00