Subject: Re: Action Items - Blue Ribbon Panel
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 05:57:00 -0700 (PDT)

Jeff, I met with Larry Frimmerman for breakfast this morning and he would be 
interested in meeting with Richardson and also serving on the panel.  He was 
surprised by  Enron's concern that things were getting bogged down because 
his impression was that progress was being made.  He also had no problem with 
either NERC or GISB participation and felt that NERC has been fairly 
sympathetic to NASUCA.  With respect to some of the consumer issues, there is 
a fear that a national standard will weaken gains made in individual states 
that are more progressive than the national standard might be.  Finally, he 
suggested that a list be made of the technical versus policy (Consumer) 
issues so that we can at least try and move on the technical issues.  I 
suggested that I would have you call to clarify the details on the issues 
that Enron believes are not being addressed fast enough.  Overall, I would 
characterize Larry as very supportive of getting things done quickly, but 
concerned about protecting the consumer interests in the process.  (Right of 
return, disconnection USF issues).

Larry can be reached at 614-466-8574

Janine

Jeff Brown
06/28/2000 01:09 PM
To: Stanley Horton/Corp/Enron@Enron, Steven J Kean/HOU/EES@EES, Richard 
Shapiro/HOU/EES@EES, Janine Migden/DUB/EES@EES, Shelley 
Corman/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, Cynthia Sandherr/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Joe 
Hartsoe/Corp/Enron@ENRON
cc: Julie A Gomez/HOU/ECT@ECT 
Subject: Action Items - Blue Ribbon Panel

Please notice the individual assignments.  Let me know if you have any 
questions or concerns.

Thanks - Jeff