Subject: weekly report
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2000 00:12:00 -0700 (PDT)

Dabhol Power Water- oil/naphtha contamination continues to be observed in 
villages water wells.  The villages are being supplied drinking water.  The 
villages are currently not hostile.  The subsurface at the plant was found to 
be very fractured allowing the spread of the contamination.  Additionally the 
sea water cooling tower discharge basin and the waste treatment plant have 
overflowed to cause surface water contamination in a stream.  The current 
monsoon season rains have somewhat mitigated the concentrations of this 
contamination. The hydrogeological consultant continues to investigate.

Ecoelectrica -The date for the EPA notice of violation conference has still 
not been set, but is expected to occur in the next two weeks.  Drafts of the 
presentation to be used at the conference are being reviewed.  Marc Phillips 
continues to provide plant personnel assistance in resolving continuous 
emission monitoring equipment and protocol issues.  I have asked Marc to 
prepare a list of actions remaining to be and potential personnel, including 
contract consultants, capable of performing them, in order to set the plant 
on course for compliant operations in the future. 

Pipeline Safety Legislation- nothing new this week.  Jeff Keeler has 
scheduled meetings for Stan Horton today with high level  congressional staff 
and Department of Transportation officials

Marc Phillips discussed a consultants proposal to perform methane leaks 
surveys at 10 to 15 GPG compressor stations in return for potential 
greenhouse gas credits in lieu of monetary payment.  GPG management will 
review the proposal and if feedback is positive Marc will pursue discussions 
with emission traders.